Who we are?
Ferrous Processing and Trading Company, a premier processor, seller and recycler of scrap metal of all kinds. From massive auto shredding operations and specialty steel making and foundry products to nonferrous metals and industrial scrap management. We are supported by the unique skills and experience of our management, commercial and operations team. We have built our reputation on the core values of integrity, responsiveness, expertise and creativity in scrap metal recycling.
FPT Schlafer has positions open for Welder Fabricators at its location in Detroit, MI.
FPT Welder Fabricators are part of our Engineering team and are responsible for fabricating equipment such as conveyors, structures, platforms, and weldments for shredders, balers, and end attachments for mobile equipment. While the majority of the work happens in our engineering fabrication and machine shop some work in the field may be required to perform installations, repairs, and maintenance in our various yards. Our shop is furnished with advanced fabrication machinery, such as a high definition burn table and several machining centers. Our fabrication processes include many high-precision tasks to assemble our parts such as heat shrinking, torque setting, and high tolerance machining. FPT is willing to train willing candidates who have fundamental welding and fabricating skills in our specific work processes.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and layout of metal parts as required for fabricating and assembly using our press brake, shear, saws, machining centers, burn table, etc.
- Weld components using processes such as GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, etc;
- Assemble components such as weldments, shafts, bearings, pulleys, drives, liners, etc. to prepare final assemblies
- Assist supervisors, co-workers, and engineers in job planning to ensure a timely and accurate build
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Ability to work with welding equipment, hand tools, and typical fabricating equipment;
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background, physical and substance screening process.
• Competitive pay based on pay matrix ranging from $15 to $30 per hour based on experience and where they fit in the matrix.
• Competitive benefits including low-cost medical coverage, dental, vision, 401k plan with matching contributions, paid time off and more.
Ferrous Processing and Trading is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a safe and drugfree workplace for all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, ancestry, mental or physical disability, gender identity/expression, military status, marital status, pregnancy or breastfeeding condition, height, weight or genetics or any other categories protected by applicable law.