Project Engineer II
Project Engineer is responsible for the successful execution of construction work in accordance with company’s contractual obligations, Required Project Standards and company policies and assisting the Project Manager where applicable.
- Assure that all site work is done safely and within IIF guidelines.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Review and understand the complete scope of a contract. Review plans, specifications, and other contract documents pertaining to the project.
- Assist in tracking of cost for equipment, material, labor, subcontracts, and miscellaneous costs such as field services, rental equipment, tools, expenses, taxes, etc. for feedback in accordance with standard company procedures.
- Attend project kickoff meeting and peer review meeting (where applicable) with Project Manager and team.
- Assist, develop and track a project schedule including trade manpower loading for the project. Provide input for the owner/general contractor’s schedule to assure access to perform our work in a most expeditious and productive manner.
- Assist in establishing field offices as required.
- Assist and direct trade planners in the development of shop drawings and coordinate the planning efforts with other trades.
- Assist to help schedule material purchases including reviewing purchase order to insure material meets contract specifications.
- Develop the piping, plumbing, and/or sheetmetal trade construction standards for projects with our planners.
- Communicate to Operations/Project Manager the project schedule, manpower loading, and the labor cost control unit and dollars for the project. Review and discuss these items with the supervisors on a regular basis.
- Assemble, review and transmit vendor and subcontractor material and equipment submittals for distribution to the contractor, architect, or engineer for review and approval. Schedule and track this information through approved software.
- Assist and calculate progress invoices, assure positive cash flow , reduce retention cost as soon as contract documents allow, and collect payments.
- Assist and review revised contract drawings and documents for changes. Estimate, submit, and negotiate all changes in cost with contractor or owner.
- Maintain “AS BUILT” records and drawings (Progress Drawings).
- Control and track project costs on a weekly basis. Make adjustments and book proceed and change orders (as per company standard).
- Prepare a commissioning schedule that includes pressure test, system cleanings, equipment checkout and start up, system balancing, and owner training.
- Prepare documents for contract close out. Prepare and deliver warranty letter with the operations and maintenance manuals
- 2+ years experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organization skills
- Solid knowledge of the construction process
- Good computer skill set
- College degree (preferred)