Johnson Carlier, a Big-D Company, has an opportunity for a Superintendent to join our team of construction professionals based in the Phoenix, AZ area. Local subcontractor market and industry experience is PREFERRED.
This position is responsible for providing overall on-site leadership for the project team including supervision, schedule and financial management, Subcontractor relations, and other related activities.
Experience being the Lead Superintendent on a $40-50M job highly desired.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Manage safety, quality, schedule, production, logistics and coordination
- Represents the company in meetings and interfaces with all project stakeholders
- Coordinates and directs all subcontractor and vendors
- Works with the project team to establish goals and develop accountability
- Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Works closely with city officials in requesting and coordinating applicable inspections, including starting dialogue with officials from day one
- Verifies to ensure subcontractor completes the assigned scope of work
- Seeks to learn changes in the industry
- 7-10 years or more of related experience working on commercial construction projects as a Superintendent
- Local subcontractor market and industry experience
- Possess strong computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Procore, P6
- Ability to effectively lead and manage teams.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with project team, customers, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, budget, change orders, safety standards, plans specifications, shop drawings, blue prints, submittals, manufacturer’s literature, contract documents and specifications, and CPM schedules.
- Understand construction scheduling and sequencing, and cost control.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace.
- Thorough and attentive to details; extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- FREE Medical and Dental Insurance for employees and families
- Employer Contribution into Health Savings Account (HSA) each month
- 401k with Employer match
- Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Company Vehicle, mobile phone, and computer