WHO IS ILM?
ILM is an Aspen Grove Company. Aspen Grove provides world-class commercial landscape maintenance services to local, regional, and national customers through its network of expert local service providers. We encourage our local teams to maintain their individuality, grow their regional businesses, and focus on providing safe, quality landscape services to their clients. With Aspen Grove, you get the support and resources of a national organization with the personal touch and regional expertise of a local company.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO JOIN THE ILM FIELD TEAM?
Are you a self-motivated, driven, team player that thrives on getting the win? If so, look no further because these are the qualities we look for to join our ILM Field Team.
We at ILM work together to ensure we achieve all individual and team goals. Every ILM employee is essential to the company’s success and future. ILM’s core values include Safety, Client Focus, Destination Workplace, and Innovation. We live and breathe these values to guarantee we never over-promise, but always over-deliver!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K (Company Match)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training & Development
- Voted No. 1 Landscape Company (4 Years in A Row!!!)
- Voted Top Company in The Industry!
Landscape Enhancement Foreperson (Crew Leader) is responsible for carrying out basic landscape department-related functions safely and efficiently on assigned properties. This position will support the crew to deliver a quality job on time. Landscape Enhancement Foreperson (Crew Leader) is an entry-level position designed for individuals with limited Landscaping industry. They will report to the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees a crew of two (2) to six (6) people.
- Responsible for ensuring crew meets installation deadlines and stays within the allotted working hours.
- Assigns daily tasks to the crew.
- Drives company vehicle.
- Drives crew to/from/between worksites where needed.
- Ensures proper use, care, and inventory of company vehicles, equipment, and tools assigned to/used by the crew.
- Ensures company vehicles and equipment are secured while on job sites.
- Reports all company vehicle and equipment accidents/damage/malfunctions to the manager immediately.
- Fills out daily paperwork, including timesheets for the entire crew, timely and accurately.
- Works around and operates hand tools and mechanical machinery used for landscape enhancement and construction projects.
- Prepares and grades terrain.
- Installs and/or moves and transplants trees, shrubs, and other plant material on current maintenance and enhancement jobs and properties
- Installation of grass, flowers, and artificial turf.
- Ensures proper use, care, and inventory of company vehicle
- Plants vegetation as instructed, grads, digs spread granite and rakes.
- Performs general clean up at the worksite.
- Maintains tools and equipment to ensure safety
- Attendance Requirements are 40 hours per week.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out oral instructions.
- Must be able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and a team player.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently enough to comprehend and complete required driver or regulatory forms and reports, employment forms, read and interpret road signs, and speak to law enforcement officials when needed.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move, and maneuver up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis, and up to 75 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show-up location.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license (State-specific Driver’s License may be required).
- Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical parts
- Works outside in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
- Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing protection
- Works in corridors with uneven terrain
- May be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals
- Work may be performed at varying heights above ground
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Rarely: Body Twisting, Crawling, Gripping
Occasionally: Sitting, Climbing On/Off Truck, Climbing, Reading, Range of Motion, Climbing Ladders, Climbing Stairs, Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Frequently: Standing, Walking, Stooping, Kneeling, Squatting, Sense of Touch, Manual Dexterity, Speaking Clearly, Lifting over 10 lbs.. To 50 lbs., Reaching, Hearing – Speech Range, Depth Perception, Color Vision, Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Balancing, Lifting up to 10 lbs.
Continuously: Seeing Distant, Seeing