Kraus-Anderson offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact with an industry leader!
Core Purpose: Building enduring relationships and strong communities
- Integrity – Do the right thing…always be respectful, honest and fair
- Commitment – Take ownership, work hard, and keep promises
- Teamwork – Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
- Value People – Support each other in a safe, positive environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their contributions
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been transforming the American landscape.
Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for more than 70 years, KA is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record among the top 50 general contractors in the United States. Our base of operations in Minnesota is supplemented with regional offices, extending our capabilities coast to coast.
We take a highly collaborative approach to our work. We work closely with owners, architects and the entire planning team well before ground is broken; providing cost analyses, scheduling information, and value engineering services to ensure that our client can make informed decisions leading to a timely finish of the highest quality and the best value.
This position will be responsible for the administration and upkeep of the business process management system, associated process improvement feedback and document control library. This position will provide administrative support to the Director, Lean and Process Improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all Promapp Promaster tasks and serve as the company expert in the Promapp business process management software.
- Administer user and role creation, deletion, and maintenance in the Promapp system.
- Maintain and manage user viewing permission groups, process groups, and group tree structure.
- Provide assistance with Promapp questions and inquiries.
- Maintain Kraus-Anderson (KA) specific Promapp Glossary; checking for correctness, adding additional terms that are needed, and create definitions with the input and approval of appropriate Subject Matter Expert (SME) and reference resources.
- Upload, submit and publish changes to documents or processes. Review all documents and processes for grammar, writing style and adherence to Promapp process writing rules to ensure quality.
- Manage document library; ensuring standard titles, correct categories, groups, and tags.
- Monitor and track changes submitted to processes or documents through process approval workflow (PAW) module for timely completion.
- Administer basic document control system functions and associated tasks.
- Monitor feedback system, produce reports, and notify participants or management of actions that need to be taken.
- Run standard system reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis – or as requested by management; prepare reports for Promapp accountability meetings and reviews.
- Take notes and organize action items at Promapp accountability and steering committee meetings and reviews.
- Monitor Promapp metrics and system health indicators and notify Promaster or management of items needing attention.
- Maintain all admin Promapp system configuration settings.
- Coach and support ProMapp users and SMEs in mapping business processes, documenting processes and procedures, creating and controlling documents, improving processes.
- Work on special projects related to lean, process improvement and quality.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 years of process mapping, technical writing and process improvement work experience
- 2 or 4 year degree in technical writing, quality, project management, business or other related discipline
- Knowledge of lean, process improvement and quality management principles
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to perform job duties effectively, with accuracy, timeliness and manage own work after training with the degree of autonomy commensurate to the role and decision making authority granted.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent technical writing skills, with document control experience preferred.
- Six sigma certification (yellow, green or black belt)
- ASQ or other quality certifications
- Construction industry experience
- Experience with Promapp or other business process management or document control software
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential functions include items such as ability to:
- Clearly communicate information (both written and verbal) to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Stand and/or sit in a stationary position for extended periods of time; 50%+
- Use a computer/laptop/iPad in open office environment with natural and/or florescent lighting
- Navigate between office building floors, and on occasion, attend off-site meetings
- Lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
We offer a challenging, rewarding, and supportive environment where employees are positioned to make a positive impact on our business, our communities, and their own future.
We believe in building leaders. KA offers a wide range of enrichment and professional growth opportunities through KA University and community service opportunities through our KA Has Heart Volunteer Program.
KA offers full time employees (30+ hours) a significant Total Rewards package including:
- Medical insurance Plan Options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center (Minneapolis)
- KA University Training and Development
- Fitness Center, KA corporate headquarters, Minneapolis
- 401(k) Plan
- Company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company sponsored Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Time Off including vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Workplace Flexibility
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Military Leave for Active Reserve Duty
- Part time/Transition Options
- Free Parking
Along with our employer sponsored plans, we also offer an array of Voluntary Benefits and other perks.
Make A Positive Impact