Rachel Contracting is seeking qualified applicants for a Field Mechanic/Service Technician. Rachel Contracting is a specialty site-work contractor performing earthwork, demolition and utilities primarily in the Midwest/Central US region. Our team welcomes individuals who are passionate about their work and committed to delivering quality workmanship with integrity and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Repairs and maintenance of a variety of heavy construction equipment, primarily Caterpillar equipment.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Company safety requirements, policies and safety training.
- Repair, replace, calibrate, adjust and/or rebuild components.
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment, attachments and buckets.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with others.
Position Qualification Preferences:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Related experience working with heavy construction equipment of 5+ years (Caterpillar equipment is preferred).
- Knowledge of the operation and capabilities of construction equipment.
- Experience working knowledge of both diesel and gasoline mechanics.
- Possess a working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Self-motivated that is capable of working without direct supervision.
- Demonstrate positive outlook.
- Light travel and some non-standard work hours may be required.