Osborne Construction Company is an employee-owned general contracting firm with offices in Redmond, Washington, Fairbanks and Anchorage, Alaska. Osborne performs a wide variety of construction projects in the western United States and Alaska. Our personnel are highly-motivated professionals who have the experience, knowledge, and dedication to complete projects on time and within budget.
We are Proud to offer you:
We pay the full cost of your own coverage! Affordable dependent coverage is available based upon a percentage of your pay. We offer a highly attractive PPO plan with a low deductible, low co-pays and an out of pocket maximum.
- Health / Dental / Vision - No charge!
- Life Insurance - $50,000 of coverage provided at no charge!
- Mail Order Prescription Drug Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Pension Plan for D/B Projects
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood by performing the following duties.
- Must provide your own basic carpentry hand tools and work boots appropriate for the work activity
- Read plans to determine the dimensions of the project and the materials to be used
- Layout, measure, and mark the wood or materials. Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Join and assemble the materials
- Check work for accuracy
- Build wooden fixtures
- Constructs forms and chutes for placing concrete
- May erect, climb and work on scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level. Uses safe practices, including body harness or other fall protection when required.
- Install structures and fixtures
- May be required to use the following tools/equipment: carpenter's hand tools, small/medium/large power tools, bench tools (saw, drill, grinder), concrete saw, chipper, sander, paving breaker, jackhammer.
- Know and comply with the Company’s safety rules/policies and DOSH regulations, including hazardous communication, fall protection plan, and confined space program
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ carpentry experience
- Proven experience in framing and finishing
- Proven experience completing small quantity material take-offs
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, and drawings and specifications
- Current driver’s license
- Exerting 10—20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects;
- 25—40 lbs. of force frequently, and
- Employees are required to use lifting equipment or seek assistance for anything over 40 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Osborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected category.
Osborne maintains a drug and alcohol-free work place. Drug tests are performed by Osborne for the following: pre-employment, post-accident, randomly, and for cause.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.