The Project Engineer is responsible for the coordination of the complete construction and administrative requirements of the various bid packages, organizing the complexities into a management system that will establish, monitor, and follow up on each vendor’s compliance, and orchestrating the information flows needed for each component and system to be incorporated into the project within the necessary time frames for the project schedule. Understanding time constraints and documentation requirements is essential for a project engineer.
Position- Commercial Construction Project Engineer
FLSA Classification- Exempt, Salaried, Full-time
Compensation- at an amount commensurate with experience. Benefits include but are not limited to: full health care benefits for employee (plus spouse and covered children) with premiums paid by the company, 9+ company paid holidays annually, paid time off/sick leave, profit sharing, pension plan, paid community service hours and continuing education benefits.
Reports to- Project Manager
The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the coordination of the construction and administrative requirements of the various bid packages, organization and monitoring of vendors’ compliance, and orchestration of the information flows of projects. Understanding time constraints and documentation requirements is essential for a project engineer.
Assist Project Manager with establishing, maintaining, conducting, and policing detailed procedures for the submittal, review, coordination, approval, and distribution of shop drawing, samples, RFIs, etc. in compliance with project specifications
- Assist Project Manager with establishing and maintaining all project engineering files relating to subcontract and bid package records, plans, specifications, changes, clarifications, and as-built documents
- Assist Project Managers with determining the appropriateness and preparing subcontractor change orders to be processed
- Attend on-site meetings and generate and distribute weekly meeting minutes
- Assist with coordinating and distributing weekly project schedules
- Overnight travel, as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Regular, consistent, and prompt attendance
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer communication skills
- Strong ability to track projects in the company software, including invoicing, scheduling, filing, RFIs, COs, meeting minutes, etc.
- Good commercial and residential plan and specifications reading skills, including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing scopes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites and PDF programs and able to utilize these programs to accomplish duties and responsibilities above.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail so can manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to organize and maintain material orders per a schedule
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of contracts and how to implement the information while projects progress
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain working relationships with subcontracts and clients
- Ability to coordinate with designers, utility companies, and other agencies
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the projects being worked on
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record as determined by our insurance company guidelines
Education and Experience
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred
- experience in health care construction, beneficial
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at times
- Must be able to navigate across uneven terrain when at construction job sites
- Must be able to navigate the use of ladders when at construction job sites
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Loven Contracting, Inc. does not discriminate, hire, discharge, promote, or demote in matters of compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment against any person, otherwise qualified, on the basis of race, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental ability, color or age, or any other condition or status that is the subject of state or federal anti-discrimination law. Loven Contracting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.