BUSINESS DATA ANALYST
ClearVision Optical Company is seeking a skilled Business Data Analyst to provide the creation of reports leveraging organizational data. The successful candidate will design, develop, and manage Microsoft Power BI dashboards, with the ability to analyze and communicate accurate information to leaders. The ideal candidate will be a customer-focused problem solver who is passionate about technology and communicates effectively. This person will be energized by using data to tell a story and is able to make a quick impact on organizational decision making.
The position is heavily focused on automating internal and external data sources, and manipulating information using Power BI, spreadsheets, and other databases. The candidate will collaborate with business units to define, document, implement, communicate, and track reports and dashboards. This is a new opportunity for our organization, and we are seeking an expert with existing Power BI capabilities. Designed as a 6-month temporary employee position, with potential for full-time hire, this position is a part of our IT team and is virtual.
Founded in 1949, ClearVision Optical is an award-winning leader in the optical industry, designing and distributing eyewear and sunwear for top brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, BluTech Eyewear, Ellen Tracy, IZOD, Jessica McClintock, Op, Revo, and Steve Madden. ClearVision’s house brands include Aspire Eyewear, CVO Eyewear, and Dilli Dalli pediatric eyewear. A privately held company, ClearVision is headquartered in Hauppauge, New York and has more than 150 associates across the U.S. ClearVision’s collections are distributed throughout North America and 20 countries around the globe.
We are committed to growing ClearVision with dynamic and motivated talent who will be passionate about our learning environment, and dedication to our process improvement and automation efforts. We offer a challenging and cohesive team environment! Our benefits are comprehensive, and we pride ourselves on providing countless learning opportunities. We are a values-based organization that takes pride in our fun culture and invests in developing our talent. In fact, our culture is award-winning, as we have been named a Best Company to Work for in NY for five years. If you are looking to join a winning team, this may be the right opportunity for you.
- Designs, modifies, and maintains standardized systems and procedures to implement, monitor, and report on sales, product inventory, marketing, and business performance.
- Analyzes information using Excel, Power BI, and SQL.
- Independently identifies and/or models opportunities to increase revenue and decrease cost.
- Works with senior leadership to increase business efficiencies.
- Develops and presents findings/recommendations based on analyses in a clear and concise manner to leadership team.
- Creates and maintains dashboards and reports showcasing metrics by department across the organization.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in analytics related study (e.g., statistics, math, engineering, business admin); MBA preferred.
- 3+ years in research and analytics responsibilities.
- 5+ years Experience with data analysis and relational database tools (Power BI, Tableau, DAX, SQL, SAS, Excel, SSRS).
- Experience providing metrics and direction to sales organization.
- Expert knowledge of Power BI, SQL, sales analysis, inventory analysis, research methodologies and customer analysis.
- Strong data interpretation and communication skills; ability to summarize complex findings clearly and concisely.
- Strong conceptual and creative thinker who must be very detail oriented.
- Ability to conceptualize, build, and automate processes based on fluid specifications from management.
- Ability to work well under pressure; positive attitude, resourceful and adaptive; high energy/low stress.
- Flexible approach to handling of responsibilities.
- Strong foundation in customer service; able to work well with varied personalities and enjoys providing support to others; assertive with gentle touch.
- Strong work ethic, organized and detail-oriented; ability to prioritize and navigate multiple projects.
- Willingness to learn new technology skills; innovative and open to varied approaches; intellectually curious problem solver.