Who we are?
Ferrous Processing and Trading Company, a premier processor, seller and recycler of scrap metal of all kinds. From massive auto shredding operations and specialty steel making and foundry products to nonferrous metals and industrial scrap management. We are supported by the unique skills and experience of our management, commercial and operations team. We have built our reputation on the core values of integrity, responsiveness, expertise and creativity in scrap metal recycling.
FPT Inkster has immediate openings for Laborers at its Inkster, MI location.
The Laborer will perform work of a manual, routine and repetitive nature under general supervision.
Typical Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Move heavy objects (20 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Move light objects (less than 20 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time (i.e., picks up trash from the roadside, works in confined areas).
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Learn job-related material primarily through verbal instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Loads and unloads materials from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers by hand, truck, or other equipment.
- Shovels material, such as dirt, mud, and ice from production equipment; requires lifting arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws loose mud/dirt overhead with a shovel).
- Performs cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Sorts a variety of recycled materials and metals to separate high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, and removes any non-conforming materials.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Climb ladders or steps to reach objects.
- Understand and follow verbal and written communications.
- Work cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background, physical and substance screening process.
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits including low-cost medical coverage, dental, vision, 401k plan with matching contributions, paid time off and more.
Ferrous Processing and Trading is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a safe and drugfree workplace for all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, ancestry, mental or physical disability, gender identity/expression, military status, marital status, pregnancy or breastfeeding condition, height, weight or genetics or any other categories protected by applicable law.