ClearVision Optical is seeking a skilled Software Engineer with a passion for designing and building high-performance, scalable applications that aide in problem solving. The Software Engineer should have proven skills in data-driven application development and motivated to advance business decision-making. The successful candidate will have experience in application development, advanced web language skills and a background which includes full stack development. This role will involve participation in the full development cycle including design of software and electronic components, developing code, updating technical documents, generating test plans, ensuring code meets requirements through unit testing, and resolving discrepancy reports.
This individual will work with our high performing, fun-loving, game-playing Technology team. The right individual enjoys having fun at work and has a great respect for learning opportunities. The right person will be playful, love “geeking out” and will be attracted to learning from our intelligent team members.
The Engineer will partner across our organization to solve important business challenges and help drive the development of cutting-edge technologies to further our business needs. Working directly with our sales team daily, the Software Engineer will create tools that enhances their revenue generating potential. With direct access to our leaders, the Engineer will determine the development strategy, define deliverables, set priorities based on business benefit, manage projects and document requirements for direct-to-consumer websites, app development, manufacturing technologies and more. The development platform will leverage variable data sources from across the organization and ERP system. If you have strong communication skills, functional expertise, an analytic nature, and a keen attention to detail this may be the right opportunity for you.
Founded in 1949, ClearVision Optical is an award-winning leader in the optical industry, designing and distributing eyewear and sunwear for top brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, BluTech Eyewear, Ellen Tracy, IZOD, Jessica McClintock, Op, Revo, and Steve Madden. ClearVision’s house brands include Aspire Eyewear, CVO Eyewear, and Dilli Dalli pediatric eyewear. A privately held company, ClearVision is headquartered in Hauppauge, New York and has more than 150 associates across the U.S. ClearVision’s collections are distributed throughout North America and 20 countries around the globe.
We are committed to growing ClearVision with dynamic and motivated talent who will be passionate about our learning environment, and dedication to our process improvement and automation efforts. We offer a challenging and cohesive team environment! Our benefits are comprehensive, and we pride ourselves on providing countless learning opportunities. We are a values-based organization that takes pride in our fun culture and invests in developing our talent. In fact, our culture is award-winning, as we have been named a Best Company to Work for in NY for five years. If you are looking to join a winning team, this may be the right opportunity for you.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in production environments
- Work closely with the management and executive teams to design faster, more user-centric, and efficient applications. Propose innovative technical solutions to business problems on a proactive basis
- Develop and enhance modern front-end desktop and mobile applications using Java, VueJS, Bootstrap, Swift, and Python
- Develop back-end systems utilizing technologies including Web API, mySQL, and PHP
- Develop hardware and software prototypes of the proposed solutions
- Write modern, clean, and maintainable code for multiple platforms
- Provide baseline performance and scale assessments of applications.
- Follow development standards and procedures while developing applications.
- Work with QA to verify application functionality and address defects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field required; advance degree preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in mixed development environments with an emphasis on data driven application models.
- Experience working with MySQL, XML/XSL, Java, Apache, Perl, Python or VB is also useful
- Understanding of database design practices, including database normalization concepts
- Proficient at performance monitoring
- Experience with micro controllers like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and Bluetooth BLE and various electronic components
- Willing to expand their knowledge and practical use of tips and techniques to ensure performance, scalability, high availability, quality, and accessibility of our database systems and data.
- While currently remote, travel to the Hauppauge, NY office 10-20% of the time is required