ABCO HVACR Supply + Solutions – Job Listing
Title: Warehouse/Driver Associate
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Reports to: Branch Manager
- Salary: commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Includes medical insurance (including dental and vision); Pension
About ABCO: Established in 1949, ABCO HVACR Supply + Solutions is the largest full line distributor of HVAC and Refrigeration systems and supplies in the Northeast United States.
Whether it’s getting a vital part delivered in an emergency, to providing the service and know-how to create innovative solutions, ABCO is determined to help our customers thrive. We provide solutions and services to contractors, engineers, architects and developers with 16 fast-access locations, ranging from Delaware to Boston.
Our mission is to exceed customers’ highest expectations. With ABCO, customers are supported with a deep inventory and extensive delivery capabilities, and smarter strategies to help ensure their success and profitability.
For more info, visit our website at www.abcohvacr.com.
Job purpose: To maintain the warehouse and the product contained within, as well as performing related functions, such as loading, unloading, receiving, and additional branch support activities. This will contribute to ABCO’s mission of exceeding customers’ highest expectations by:
- Ensuring goods are handled and stored appropriately, so that product is properly maintained, undamaged, and available for customers.
- Providing support to the branch, allowing staff to provide the high quality customer service to which customers have become accustomed.
- Certified to operate forklift and hi-low
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Manual Dexterity – must be able to use hands and arms for handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials and manipulating things
- Follows directions well
- Skills and Traits:
- Team player
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintains a clean, neat, and organized warehouse environment
- Organizes inventory for increased efficiency and processing
- Understands how to organize product in the warehouse according to branch manager’s specifications
- Handles equipment and product carefully, as to avoid damage
- Reports any building maintenance issues immediately, including any issues with dock doors, dock levelers, light bulbs, etc.
- Performs branch loading, unloading and receiving processes
- Utilizes proper techniques for packaging goods and loading/unloading trucks
- Checks in and stores received product in the appropriate designated areas for stock and sold items
- Provides all receiving paperwork to the Branch Administrator for secondary accuracy check and computer entry
- Performs the following functions according to specified ABCO policy, including following proper paperwork procedures:
- Stock transfers
- Returned goods (both stock and sold orders)
- Direct vendor returns (such as empty refrigerant cylinders)
- Receipt of vendor direct shipments
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of equipment and its proper utilization, including pallet jacks and other non-powered warehouse equipment
- Occasionally responsible for additional branch projects as requested, such as the repositioning of product in the warehouse and/or showroom
- Attends all mandated company functions and training programs.