Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsilble for an entire project cycle to include design, development, and project completion. Assumes responsibility for all engineering aspects of a project from sales assistance, conceptual design, document preparation, code compliance, contract adherence, construction assistance, and close-out.
- Function as Lead Engineer on assigned engineering projects.
- Work with construction sales personnel in development of sales strategies.
- Consult with internal and external customers on technical issues related to design and construction activities.
- Provide conceptual engineering and design for estimate documents for sales opportunities.
- Develop and define applicable design criteria including code compliance requirements.
- Oversee engineering analysis of projects to include preliminary design, load calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Coordinates mechanical design requirements and constraints with other design professionals including Architects, Structural Engineers, and Electrical Engineers.
- Prepare technical construction specifications.
- Manage construction document production and reviews documents for compliance with engineering standards, defined design criteria, contract requirements and applicable codes.
- Coordinate the activities of the design with the requirements of the construction teams.
- Resolve project issues, scope changes, and field questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and development to assigned staff.
- Supervise assigned staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment and encourage safety of others, especially when present at construction sites.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local building codes and safety laws.
- Working knowledge of CAD tools and energy modeling programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering and ten years of related engineering experience.
- Experience with HVAC load calculation methods, duct design, piping design, plumbing design, energy modeling, equipment selection, temperature controls, acoustics, and other areas of mechanical construction.
- Subject matter expert in one or more areas of mechanical engineering related to building construction.
- Understanding of architectural, structural, civil, electrical, and fire protection design activities.
- Understanding of construction and maintenance activities related to the HVAC and plumbing trades.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Requires registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Work requires occasional travel to attend meetings, site visits, and inspections.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Working conditions are normally in an office environment but do include some activities at new construction job sites and within existing facilities. Work requires occasional travel.
Full Benefits Provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.