Why work for us:
At Hamm we value worker safety and well-being above all else. Through training, employee development, and your own personal drive, Hamm will help you achieve your work-life goals. Whether you choose a career in Aggregates, Waste Management, or Ready Mix, you and Hamm Companies will do the essential work to build a brighter future. Come work for Hamm and be a part of the leading construction materials company in the Midwest.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Site Foreman
Seeking dedicated people with the desire to learn and build a career while exceeding the highest quality and safety standards. Ensure safe, efficient, and proper operation of various pieces of heavy equipment. This is an entry level position - No experience necessary!
• Ability to learn operation of various pieces of heavy equipment, primarily haul truck, in a fast-paced environment. Experience with equipment beneficial.
• Clean equipment and facilities.
• Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
• Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of plant equipment.
• Become familiar with the equipment and daily inspection checklist.
• Perform daily pre-start up procedures (i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete daily equipment checklist).
• Communicate with production regarding the daily job specifications and operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
• Be aware of other equipment and personnel working in the area.
• Possess ability to follow instructions with strong oral and written skills.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers and supervisors.
• Report to assigned job area in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
• Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in policies and procedures manual, and OSHA/MSHA guidelines.
• Ability to think clearly no matter the stress or difficulty of your circumstances.
• Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
• Ability to comprehend and communicate specific directions to ensure the safety of all.
• Desire to learn and commitment to working safely.
• Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice.
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
• High school education or GED equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and bend. The employee must regularly lift and/or move from 1 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.