Since 1969, Sensitron has been a leading manufacturer of high reliability power electronic solutions. Our long term success can be attributed to the talent, creativity, and dedication of our employees. Sensitron strives to create an environment in which all employees can reach their full potential and recognize their contribution to the growth of our company. Your journey to success starts here!
Regional Sales Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated Sales Engineer with proven experience in selling power electronic products to development engineers. Responsibilities will include new opportunity design wins, managing territory booking goals, sales representative management, distribution engagement, and providing overall customer satisfaction.
The Regional Sales Engineer uses their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of technical expertise is required to achieve a design win. The RSE will engage existing and prospective tier 1 customer engineers with design-ins and bids for existing and new products. The main activity is to be engaged at all technical levels, electrical /mechanical design, components, engineering management, and program management, to obtain new opportunity design-ins on production platforms.
- Identify new program opportunities at tier 1 customers that will generate a minimum of $100k per year in orders for each design-in opportunity
- Responsible for sales volume, forecasting and sales growth, by maintaining existing customer base and increasing new customer base within designated sales territory
- Call on current and potential tier 1 customers such as engineers, designers, or other professional and technical personnel in the Defense, Aerospace and Space market segments and convince prospective clients of desirability and practicability of products offered
- Support distribution sales growth via trainings, support, joint calls, joint marketing, and goal setting
- Manage and follow up on leads in local territory
- Review customer drawings, plans, and other customer documents to develop a design win.
- Prepare and present customer quotations, trainings, seminars, call reports, and special reports as directed
- Prepare and submit sales reports
- Share market information working with other departments throughout the organization
- Participate in the Sales Engineer Certification Program as related to the Technical Knowledge of products.
- Use CRM as necessary to record customer information.
- Identifies current and future customer program opportunities and engages with customer and supplier engineering to present and close new product designs
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating products
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Problem Solving, Innovative thinking, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Product Development, Presentation Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis
- This position requires access to technology, material, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Sensitron offers an attractive medical/dental and 401k benefits package.
- Veterans encouraged to apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.