Position Department: Field - International
Classification (exempt/non-exempt): Non-Exempt
Job duties include but are not limited to sealing joints, repairing cracks, and smoothing imperfections on walls and ceilings to create surfaces that are suitable for final treatment, ensuring that all supplies are used safely, complete tasks efficiently while maintaining a high quality of work.
Description of Tasks:
- Joining drywall panels using tape and plaster.
- Repairing cracks and any other damage to the drywall panels.
- Concealing any imperfections or exposed irregularities in the drywall surface.
- Layering plaster or spackle with trowels to create a flat surface.
- Sanding down rough areas on the wall to create a smooth surface.
- Skimming the surface with a final layer of plaster in preparation for finishing work.
- Managing and maintaining all the required equipment for the job.
- Keeping your supervisor abreast of your progress and reporting any job-related issues.
- Ensuring that all equipment and material are safely and effectively used.
- Maintain 100% PPE and clean workspace.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED and 1 year of related construction experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Considerable knowledge of: carpentry tools, equipment, materials and safety practices of drywall finishing. Some knowledge of supervisory practices. Able to pass a required background check for military base access.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to crawl, climb, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, stand for longs periods of time, lift and hold in excess of 50lbs, talk, hear and occasionally sit. Must have the ability to withstand confined spaces and or/extreme heights while negotiating tasks at hand in a safe manner to themselves and/or others.
Environmental Conditions: Frequently on site and subject to hot cold, humid and wet conditions depending on location.