Arizona Verde Fire Protection is a subsidiary of Western States Fire Protection (WSFP). WSFP and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Arizona Verde Fire Protection is looking for an entry level Fabrication Tech. This position will assist, when necessary, with the duties listed below while learning the business. Additionally, the ideal candidate will maintain the organization and efficiency of the shop supplies and processes. This entry level position allows many opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Accurately measure, record, and add random pipe length
- Moving loose and /or bundled pipe from various locations within the pipe yard
- Assemble pipe orders whether in single sticks or bundles and maintain work supplies in an organized manner
- Observe necessary safety precautions for fabrications, cutting, assembling, stacking and shipping of pipe for storage and transportation
- Operate powered industrial equipment in accordance with OSHA guidelines and Arizona Verde Fire safe operating procedures
- Maintain a clean shop and validating that special tools and shop equipment are in proper operating condition
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- Construction industry experience is preferred
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Intermediate computer skills, able to work with Excel and Word
- Math skills, ability to calculate quantities of product on hand
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver's license with a clean record; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer background check and drug test
Moderate standing, walking, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Work inside and outside, around moving objects and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor