Position Department: Field - International
Classification (exempt/non-exempt): Non-Exempt
Performs a wide variety of sheet metal and metal cladding tasks.
Description of Tasks:
- Install HVAC sheet metal including ductwork, and insulation cladding. Fabricates or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills.
- Installs and uses rigging and hoisting equipment.
- Installs sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes.
- Drills and punches holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Maneuvers units into position for installation.
- Operates basic hand tools.
- Fabricates using breaks and bending equipment.
- Install sealant to prevent leakage.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED. Journeyman certificate or equivalent.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to safely work at heights. Able to analyze and evaluate problems. Able to safely operate vehicles, mechanical devices and equipment. Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation. High standard of integrity and professionalism.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to crawl, climb, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, stand for longs periods of time, lift and hold in excess of 50lbs, talk, hear and occasionally sit. Must have the ability to withstand confined spaces and or/extreme heights while negotiating tasks at hand in a safe manner to themselves and/or others.
Environmental Conditions: Frequently on site and subject to hot cold, humid and wet conditions depending on location.