Leads a functional team in producing a complete bid proposal. Additionally, leads buy-out efforts when applicable.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from prior estimates, purchase agreements and subcontracts in order to gain information for current bids.
- Reviews contract documents and attends pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provides technical support to personnel preparing estimates for assigned divisions.
- Oversees estimators in soliciting subcontractor/vendor pricing information.
- Coordinates the design process in preparation for the D/B proposals.
- Develops main summary, general conditions and small business goals/values for proposals.
- Coordinates with estimators in preparation for bid day.
- Coordinates with Proposal department for development of technical portion of proposal submissions.
- Ensures that bid documentation is logged and filed after bid day.
- Negotiates and writes major subcontracts and purchase agreements.
- Oversees estimators in negotiating and writing subcontracts and purchase agreements.
- Develops, prepares and maintains buy-out budgets, including small business goals.
- Coordinates with Scheduling Department during bid to develop summary schedule, and post-award to assist with the assignment of dollar values to scheduled tasks.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED and ten-years of construction-related experience required or Four-year degree in related field and seven years construction-related experience preferred. Experience sought in multiple construction delivery methods to include: Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, Construction Manager @ Risk, JOC, and MATOC.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Current clearance, or the ability to obtain, a Department of Defense minimum secret security clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experienced with estimating software. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to train, mentor and lead Estimator I & II employees. Demonstrates a complete understanding of RFP and contract document requirements. Must be a self-starter. Demonstrated ability to develop a preliminary project schedule during the bid stage. Must have a thorough understanding of all construction divisions and general construction knowledge. Ability to travel related to the bid and proposal process required.
This position is based at the Caddell Corporate Office in Montgomery, AL. Relocation for qualified candidates will be provided.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.