The Human Resources Marketing Intern provides administrative and project support to the human resources and marketing departments. Will assist in all facets of marketing and human resources, including employee relations, internal and external marketing, and company communications. This is a long term internship opportunity available thoughout the school year with flexibility. Some weekends and evenings will be required as internal and external events come up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Largely assists HR and Marketing on administrative tasks including mailings, filing of various documents, and more.
- Assists on internal marketing: including the planning, attending and tear-down of internal events, collaborating with HR and Marketing teams on recruiting, onboarding and retention plans
- Collaborates with Marketing Team on material creation; like project profiles, informational line cards, employee resumes, and more, using Adobe Suite
- Assists in the planning of external events, and attends external events throughout internship. Weekends and evenings may be required.
- Handles decal creation for company fleet, and other company needs
- Collaborates in creating social media content and managing social media platforms, while providing consistent analytics.
- Additional duties as required, including, but not limited to printing of materials to send to employees homes to communicate company activities, travel arrangements, ordering food and assisting with other projects as assigned.
Education/Experience: Working towards a degree in Human Resources, Mass Communication, Business Management, Construction Management, Marketing, or any related field. Previous administrative experience strongly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency using Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Familiarity of various social media platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly customer service oriented.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all level of employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources principles, practices and procedures.
- Other critical skills include planning & organizing; problem identification/resolution, multi-tasking, follow-through skills to bring tasks to closure in a timely manner, priority setting, and having a sense of urgency in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Since 1906, Schwickert’s Tecta America has been serving commercial building owners and residential homeowners across the Midwest. With locations in Mankato, Minneapolis, Rochester, MN, and Lawrence, KS, Schwickert’s provides integrated products and services to the upper Midwest region in the areas of Mechanical Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, Mechanical Plumbing & Piping, Architectural Sheet Metal, Roofing, and Electrical.
If you are interested in being considered for this position please apply online at http://www.schwickerts.com/careers/