Eastern States Construction Service, Inc. (Eastern States), a family-owned business since 1953, is a Heavy/Highway and Site Development Construction Company specializing in public sewer, water, site development and heavy/highway construction projects with a roster of major public and private clients, including state and local governments, corporations, regional construction managers and private developers in the Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey region.
We are currently seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Operators (Excavator and/or Dozer) to join our highly skilled Construction team. The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of one or more types of heavy equipment (such as excavator, backhoe, dozer, loader, paver, screed, mill machine or roller) to perform duties essential in the completion of various heavy/highway construction projects.
- Operate equipment in safe and appropriate manner
- Ensure work is of high quality work within project specifications
- Perform daily inspection and maintenance and ensure that equipment is in safe, proper working order including fluid checks and proper lubrication, report when maintenance and repair needed
- Always maintain awareness of surroundings
- Assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as needed
- Perform all work efficiently and safely in accordance with State, Federal and Company regulations
- Maintain work areas in clean and safe manner
- Finish assigned tasks on time with high standards of quality
- 3+ years of experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to comprehend and carry out instruction
- GPS experience preferred (dozer)
We built our reputation on the strength of our company, the expertise of our management, and the quality of our workforce. At Eastern States Construction Services we take pride in our work and our team. We respect and value our employees and the contributions they make toward our success. Here you will work in a respectful, safe and quality focused environment where you are more than a number, you are member of the Eastern family. Eastern States employees enjoy unparalleled growth opportunities, with many building lifelong careers within our family-owned company.
Eastern States Construction Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vet