Eastern States Construction Service, Inc. (Eastern States), a family-owned business since 1953, is a Heavy/Highway and Site Development Construction Company specializing in public sewer, water, site development and heavy/highway construction projects with a roster of major public and private clients, including state and local governments, corporations, regional construction managers and private developers in the Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey region.
Eastern States is currently seeking experienced Asphalt Paver Operators and Asphalt Screed Operators responsible to:
- Operate asphalt paver and/or screed to apply asphalt materials as to plan and quality specifications.
- Make proper adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finish.
- Maintain constant flow of materials.
- Prepare, maintain and clean equipment’ may perform minor service or maintenance.
- Perform additional tasks of as needed and instructed by foreman such as labor, roller, lute, etc.
- Ensure work is performed safely and in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
To be successful candidates must have:
- Thorough understanding of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, and other details related to asphalt paving.
- Minimum of one year experience.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be highly motivated.
- Ability to work in a team setting; willingness to jump in where needed.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment and in all weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL a plus)
EOE, including disability/vet
Drug screening and background check required.