Bilingual (French/English) Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative (CSR/ISR)
Top of Form
This position is responsible for customer service to Conductix Canada’s SMO’s (Sales & Marketing Organization) internal and external customers. It requires timely response to customer requests for price and availability; taking phone and email inquiries; updating customer information in Navpoint (Conductix’ CRM) and other daily tasks focused on customer service. The position requires technical knowledge of product. We do offer the opportunity to work remotely or at the facility located in Burlington, ON
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Take customer phone and email inquiries. (Phone calls could exceed 25 per day, email inquiries could exceed 75 per day)
- Enter quote requests
- Follow-up on pending requests
- Routinely update CRM to add contacts; emails; and new customers.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with customers any discrepancies or changes that need to be made on orders.
- Work and communicate with the outside sales team and other internal departments to conform to customer requirements.
- Assist in other projects as assigned.
- Supports and upholds the Quality policy.
- Upholds Core Values.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Fluent in French and English (written & speaking)
- Typing skills of at least 50 WPM with High Accuracy.
- Proficient use of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Understand mathematical concepts such as length, mass, temperature, simple geometry, and technical specifications.
- Good communication skills to interact with team members.
- Good critical thinking skills to resolve questions and problems related to orders.
- High degree of diligence to insure the correct information on orders.
- Ability to work at a steady pace even with interruptions, and some time pressure.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Post high school education and previous customer service or similar experience is preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS (in French & English)
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer purchase order documents and technical order specifications.
- The ability to write short memos and reports in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Sufficient verbal skills to gather and interpret information required to accurately complete order entry.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs on Excel and similar software packages.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use a computer keyboard and mouse. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus to work on a computer monitor.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (ringing telephones, pages, several people conversing at once, etc.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service –
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
- Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
- Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills –
- Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Listens to others without interrupting;
- Keeps emotions under control;
- Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication –
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations;
- Listens and gets clarification;
- Responds well to questions;
- Demonstrates group presentation skills;
- Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication –
- Writes clearly and informatively;
- Edits work for spelling and grammar;
- Varies writing style to meet needs;
- Presents numerical data effectively;
- Reads and interprets written information.
- Teamwork –
- Balances team and individual responsibilities;
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views;
- Gives and welcomes feedback;
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Puts success of team above own interests;
- Builds morale and keeps group commitments to goals and objectives;
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management –
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics –
- Treats people with respect;
- Keeps commitments;
- Inspires the trust of others;
- Works with integrity and ethically;
- Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support –
- Follows through on policies and procedures;
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Supports organization's goals and values;
- Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment –
- Displays willingness to make decisions;
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions;
- Includes appropriate people in the decision-making process;
- Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation –
- Sets and achieves challenging goals;
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles;
- Measures self against standard of excellence;
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing –
- Prioritizes and plans work activities;
- Uses time efficiently;
- Plans for additional resources;
- Set goals and objectives;
- Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks;
- Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism –
- Approaches others in a tactful manner;
- Reacts well under pressure;
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
- Accepts responsibility for own actions;
- Follows through on commitments.
- Quality –
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Applies feedback to improve performance;
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity –
- Meets productivity standards;
- Completes work in a timely manner;
- Strives to increase productivity;
- Works quickly.