Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking an outstanding Project Engineer to be located out of Phoenix, AZ.
The Project Engineer is responsible for several functions throughout the duration of assigned projects including planning, buyout, management and closeout. This role actively assists the project team in monitoring project status and identifying issues that may impact the project schedule and/or budget. The Project Engineer typically reports to the Project Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Organize, review, update, maintain and post construction documents and drawings
- Collaborate with project team to complete requests for information (RFI)
- Review submittals and other project documents for accuracy against plans and specifications
- Assist in preparing inspections, compliance audits and the non-conformance log
- Monitor material and equipment delivery status
- Maintain and distribute accurate project logs (i.e. buyouts, subcontractor material status reports, submittals, RFIs)
- Understand scopes of work to be included in subcontracts and/or purchase order agreements
- Track subcontractor requests for change; solicit pricing and draft change orders within delegated authority
- Understand and assist with project schedule management
- Attend regular project meetings; record and distribute meeting minutes
- Obtain closeout information; gather punch list items; prepare as-built drawings; assist with warranty process
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in the role.
- Education: Industry related college degree is required.
- Experience: Previous construction internship experience is preferred.
- Skills: Good engineering and construction management skills are important. Individual must have good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the owner, architect, and The Weitz Company project team. A high level of integrity is required. Good time management and project organization skills are essential. Microsoft Office proficiency is important.
- Systems: Must be proficient in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, Excel), and must be able to learn project management software (JDE, Procore, Asta, Bluebeam, etc.).
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.