Position: Project Manager - Industrial
Location: Various Locations
American Industrial Construction (AIC) is proud to be an industry leader in construction and engineering services. To be a top of class organization, AIC is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety; instills integrity in all aspects of their lives; are passionate about what they do; and committed to providing value to our clients.
Skills and Experience:
This position will be responsible for managing projects for industrial clients for project types including power, pulp & paper, and chemical process. The individual would be the company’s contact with the client and as such is responsible for promoting quality services and continuing positive relations. The individual would also be responsible for management of direct-hire construction and subcontracting, leading major technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions as well as field construction oversight during project implementation.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of programs such as Primavera (P6), Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of organizing project team to accomplish project goals
- Effective negotiation and contract management skills to represent the company with the Owner
- Well-rounded base of knowledge in construction disciplines
- 10 years previous industrial construction management experience managing multi-discipline teams (engineering and construction) is required
- Medium to large project experience ($20M+) is required
- B.S. Degree – Construction Management or Engineering
Essential Job Duties:
- Leading Safety Culture for project.
- Plan, organize and direct several engineering disciplines, project controls, and construction management; including engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for controlling costs and maintaining profitability for the project(s), utilizing extensive heavy construction experience.
- Manage field construction activity, engineering, and other field project(s) support activities.
- Supervises the development of project(s) schedules and monitors production to assure timely project(s) completion.
- Reviews cost reports and makes analysis to assist in reducing costs and maintaining productivity.
- Establishes project labor requirements and reviews these requirements with divisional management.
- Conducts regular project inspections and advises project supervision of work progress, quality of work and conditions requiring attention regarding safety.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors to ensure all subcontract work is within project scope and specifications.
- Administers project policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with engineers, inspectors, and clients/owner representatives to isolate project issues and assists in developing solutions.
- Regularly conducts safety meetings and provide assistance to supervision in addressing areas and conditions requiring attention.
- Continually monitors project to assure company and regulatory procedures are adhered to. Monitors project purchasing activities to assure quality material and timely delivery at competitive costs.
- Conducts regular meetings with project supervision to review project progress and to plan future construction activity.
- Determines the necessity of construction equipment and assures equipment is properly maintained.
- Oversight of start-up and commissioning.
- Pulp & Paper
- Chemical Processing
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities/M/F
AIC performs heavy construction and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.