Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working, high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with our project needs.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Time Pay
Job Purpose: To analyze and diagnose problems, repair, and maintain class 6 - 8 trucks in both a field and in a shop environment with little or no supervision at times.
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnostic tests for routine maintenance procedures to determine course of action.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair various types of heavy-duty trucks and related equipment.
- Works in both a field and a shop environment.
- Travels to various sites to repair necessary equipment.
- Test drive trucks before and after repairs.
- Work in an expedient and professional manner.
- Maintain open communication with the shop and field.
- Adheres to all Hunter Contracting Co. safety policies, procedures, and instructions from management.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Must have the ability to read and understand service manuals.
- Must own your own tools to perform the necessary repairs.
- Communicates effectively and maintains good problem resolution.
- Follows instructions and makes decisions based on verifiable standards.
- Demonstrates attentive and active listening skills and learns quickly on the job.
- Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner.
- Prioritizes work to meet goals and/or deadlines.
- Works in dusty and/or dirty surroundings and practices good safety habits.
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
- Must possess a clean Driver’s License.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens
Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement
Hunter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.