Content Marketing & Communications Manager
ClearVision Optical is actively seeking a dynamic individual who would welcome the chance to tell our story across varied platforms. This individual will be energized by sharing the unique ways ClearVision has differentiated itself as an organization – based on our brands, family legacy, employee-centered culture, and via our charitable efforts.
The right candidate will increase the effectiveness of our media strategy and marketing positioning. This individual should be adept at formulating and managing public relations-based campaigns from concept through execution. Through the strategic use of industry contacts and thoughtful content, the candidate will further sales goals and increase company visibility. Partnering directly with the creative staff, the ideal candidate will develop an understanding of the various voices required to speak to our target audiences.
Suitable candidates will be energized by crafting messages which define ClearVision within the optical market. With a strong sense of timeliness and ownership, this individual will be tasked with developing full media campaigns which support our multiple brands. S/He should understand the identity, demographic, and defining features of each eyewear collection. Having a sharp eye for fashion trends, paired with a descriptive vocabulary will be very beneficial. We are looking for someone who is passionate about gaining media coverage to promote brand awareness; both trade and consumer.
The candidate should be versed in creating a successful marketing plan, which includes outreach, content development, press releases, and associated budgeting. The skilled candidate will have a proven ability to adapt copy from offline sources for online use. An important part of this role requires experience in communicating via social media and digital environments. If you are versed in utilizing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and blogging in a strategic and profit-boosting way, this may be the right opportunity for you.
This position plays a pivotal role within a creative Marketing team. The group thrives on brainstorming, idea sharing, and campaign development that is innovative and unique. You will publicize the unique culture and values of the organization by serving as a corporate spokesperson. This position will also support speaking engagements for company executives and staff at various industry events. There may also be PR-related events, which would be overseen by this role.
- Design content marketing strategies
- Undertake content marketing initiatives to achieve business targets including Lead Generation
- Write content to produce high quality content and collaborate with design team
- Develop content calendar, and communicate to the rest of the team
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis that meet the goals of the company
- Write, edit, proofread, and improve content
- Measure and analyze marketing metrics to optimize content
- Share content through various channels and collaboration of media partners, to meet company goals
- Receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Effectively communicate the brand and each collection release to multiple audiences.
- Obtain specific information on brand positioning, trends, and product descriptions through co-management of product content meetings.
- Responsibility includes complete understanding of brand positioning and the individual frames and their relevancy to the marketplace and the collection.
- Manage incoming media requests and build relationships with industry journalists.
- Pitch stories to the media based on marketing goals; field media calls and monitor press and social coverage.
- Support brands in direct to consumer positioning and placements.
- Research marketing and positioning opportunities within industry.
- Create, execute, and measure media campaigns.
- Write blog posts, articles, press releases, media alerts, communications materials, and other digital material. Determine relevant online and social channels for optimal engagement.
- Identify key messages that support sales and marketing plan, determine appropriate distribution channels and cohesively communicate to the industry.
- Work directly with design team to develop concepts and materials.
- Research marketing and industry trends. Ability to read, interpret and act upon analysis information.
- Utilize social media to deliver PR messages.
- Develop social media campaigns to support media relations and sales efforts for both trade and corporate.
- Marry PR approach with ongoing social strategy and monthly sales/marketing goals.
- Monitor online conversations and participate in those conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Using Google Analytics, Insights and Sprout Social and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Provide ROI data and explanation
- Develop and maintain our organization's corporate image and identity.
- Outreach to promote and support corporate positioning through communications, and media relationships on a local and business level.
- Position CVO locally as a leader within small business environment.
- Seek out opportunities for awareness and positioning; craft message and promote.
- Support company philanthropic outreach through social, content and PR channels on local and national level.
- Devote time to plan events that will increase company exposure
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to write long and short form.
- Outstanding writing, editing, grammar and research skills.
- Proven creative writing skills for marketing and advertising.
- Prior experience in an e-commerce environment preferred
- Seasoned project manager with proven success executing to project completion.
- Creativity, confidence and the ability to collaborate and succeed in a dynamic multi-faceted organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; a self-starter who proactively anticipates the unexpected and has an adaptive mentality.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues.
- Skilled multi-tasker; adept at prioritizing and organizing multiple projects and managing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, or similar field.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional writing experience in corporate communications, public relations, social media, marketing department or creative department.
- Extensive experience in the planning, development and execution of public relations-based campaigns.
- A strong preference given for existing experience in a fashion, accessories, or beauty industry role.
- Experience writing business-to-business copy as well as consumer copy.
- Comfort with public speaking; versed in managing and developing industry relationships.
- A solid understanding of current marketing principles.
- Versed in leveraging social media as a business tool
Founded in 1949, ClearVision Optical is an award-winning leader in the optical industry, designing and distributing eyewear and sunwear for top brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, BluTech Eyewear, Ellen Tracy, IZOD, Jessica McClintock, Op, Revo, and Steve Madden. ClearVision’s house brands include Aspire Eyewear, CVO Eyewear, and Dilli Dalli pediatric eyewear. A privately held company, ClearVision is headquartered in Hauppauge, New York and has more than 150 associates across the U.S. ClearVision’s collections are distributed throughout North America and 20 countries around the globe.
We are committed to growing ClearVision with dynamic and motivated talent who will be passionate about our learning environment, and dedication to our process improvement and innovation efforts. We offer a challenging and cohesive team environment! Our benefits are comprehensive, and we pride ourselves on providing countless learning opportunities. We are a values-based organization that takes pride in our fun culture and invests in developing our talent. In fact, our culture is award-winning, as we have been named a Best Company to Work for in NY for six years. If you are looking to join a winning team, this may be the right opportunity for you.