Give yourself the gift of a job you love and a company you love to work with!
East Idaho Credit Union, a #1 Best Place to Work in Idaho, is growing and looking for a Mortgage Loan Officer to join us in the Treasure Valley Area. And with no cap on commissions, your earnings can be as great as your effort.
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) educates, advises, and guides potential borrowers through the loan application process. Proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and participates in cross-selling EICU’s other beneficial products and services to help our members achieve financial success. Continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships including real estate professionals, builders, internal staff and member referrals that serve as a recurring source of new and additional mortgage lending opportunities. Responds to member inquiries and referrals, conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit date, determines member financing objectives, advises member on ongoing progress, and gathers relevant information and documents for loan. Participates in related community efforts. The MLO is responsible for assisting in attaining other established organizational and departmental goals, and provides leadership, training and support to other loan officers and staff members. The MLO demonstrates thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, and complies with all Federal and State policies while adhering to HDMA requirements. Always provides the highest level of member service.
- Associate Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of formal training and experience
- Five years of consumer lending/mortgage lending experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of Credit Union loan services, policies, and procedures
- Excellent interviewing, communication, and public relations skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Strong analytical and financial, and problem-solving skills
- Maintain proficiency in applicable software and demonstrates ability to learn and retain additional technological skills as required for the job
- Able to review, understand and navigate complex financial documents
- Excellent communication, member service, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Must remain composed in stressful, high-pressure situations. Calmly and professionally handle different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of member service
- Demonstrate extreme accuracy and quality, effectively handle multiple tasks and changing priorities, and exercise highest level of discretion on both internal and external matters
- Maintains reliable and timely attendance. Available to work the days and hours as dictated by business needs; includes morning and evening hours and may be in coordination with real estate agents, financial planners, and others from outside the workplace to attract new clients
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from required business functions
We are a fun place to work with great benefits and pay. We’re just missing you!
Here at East Idaho, we value our employees. That's why EICU was named a Best Place to Work in Idaho repeatedly over the last five years! The Best Places to Work in Idaho winners, as chosen by their own employees, have demonstrated exceptional performance in the areas of Compensation and Benefits, Employee Growth and Development, Work-Life Balance, Workplace Environment, and Company Management.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account/ Dependent Care Account
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental Insurance (Aflac)
- 401(k) 5% employer match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Employee Loan Rates
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance