Since 1969, Sensitron Semiconductor is a manufacturer of discrete semiconductors and microelectronics for aerospace, defense, medical, and other high reliability markets, and applications. Our long term success can be attributed to the talent, creativity, and dedication of our employees. Sensitron strives to create an environment in which all employees can reach their full potential and recognize their contribution to the growth of our company. Your journey to success starts here!
This position is based in our Hauppauge Facility.
This position is responsible for designing and building new products from prototype to production in a medium sized company setting. Will require 3 years of experience doing quantitative / analytical work to substantiate designs using Finite Element Analysis method and hand calculation or FE based design of real-world commercial products. Develop drawings and required documents as required. Has opportunity to interface with world-class customers. Tremendous career growth potential. Career advancement based solely on performance with no set time schedule.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical / Civil / Aerospace / Chemical / Process Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong interest in design and build of best-in-class high-reliability products used in space, aerospace, and military applications
- 3 years of experience doing FEA based design of real-world commercial products
- Formal FEA training understanding FE theories, meshing, loading, boundary conditions, model calibration, result validation and interpretation
- Thermal and thermal-mechanical analysis, non-linear material and structural analyses
- Experience or exposure to CFD is a big plus
- Thorough understanding of material and physical properties of different classes of materials including polymers, metals, and ceramics
- Strong math background in PDE and use of MatLab and MathCAD in solving math problems
- Experience in researching from open literatures such as journal papers and advanced references
- Demonstrated hands-on skills
- Great project management and fluent computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Independent worker while being a team player
- Effective verbal and written communication in English
- Profiicient in Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Took and scored A in a FEA class; Proficient in ANSYS or equivalent FEA tools
- Travel less than 10%
This position requires access to technology, material, software, or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the U.S. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US citizen or permanent resident. Sensitron is an equal opportunity employer offering an attractive medical/ dental and 401K benefits package. Veterans encouraged to apply.