About the role
The Regional Facilities Manager is responsible for the oversight of all capital and renovation projects for Balfour Beatty's military housing portfolio. This includes but not limited to contract management, environmental management, safety compliance, and O&M/CDMP agreement compliance. The Regional Facilities Manager will also assist Project Directors as needed with large scale projects that may occur with their region.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for providing management oversight for several functions which may include daily operations, financial reporting, training and development of employees, and customer service to an assigned team comprised of multiple Facilities Managers, Maintenance & Turn Supervisors, and Service Managers within their portfolio.
- Builds and develops a team of highly motivated, skilled and productive professionals to drive company operational goals.
- Monitors all operational policies and recommends changes to improve overall functionality of business.
- Responsible for monitoring financial and operational findings for region and collaborating with Project Directors and Senior Management to ensure maintenance team obtains the best prices for hired services who provide reliable, consistent and superior services.
- Partners with both military executives and the project management team to audit and improve maintenance and repair initiatives and goals.
- Creates and communicates all maintenance policies and procedures as well as sets standards of performance for region.
- Responsible for monitoring regular physical property inspections throughout assigned region to ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of all assets.
- Responsible for forecasting maintenance needs and instituting an effective time management program for all personnel to ensure resident satisfaction and project completion goals are met.
- Responsible for all training, safety, health, risk management and environmental programs within assigned portfolio. To include but not limited to:
- Hazcom Program / SDS binders
- Hazardous waste / universal waste storage and disposal programs
- Documentation of mandatory safety training (SHRM quarterly log and Box.Com reports)
- Zero Harm Advisory Committee meeting documentation
- Site storm water inspections and documentation
- LBP risk assessments and LBP visual inspections (site specific)
- Radon inspections and testing of mitigation systems (site specific)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who we're looking for
- Associate’s degree required plus five (5) years of supervisory experience in Facilities Management or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Must possess Universal H.V.A.C. certification.
- Strong background and understanding of electrical, plumbing, and structural systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, prepare and initiate contracts.
- Possess strong understanding of budget process and a strong knowledge of various software applications to include maintenance systems that are common in the Facilities arena. Proficient use of Outlook and Microsoft products is expected.
- This position can expect to travel approximately 20% to 75% of the time based on locations of the properties.
Benefits: Discretionary bonus, health/life insurance, retirement plan/401K contributions, paid time off, short-term disability, parental leave.
Why work for us?
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.