We're Growing!! If you are interested in a career in employee benefits and are passionate about delivering quality service, we encourage you to consider HR Works, Inc.
- Offers competitive compensation with excellent benefits package and a GREAT culture
- Best Place to Work in New York State - Our 11th Consecutive Year on the List!
- Recognized as one of the fastest growing consulting firms in the U.S.
HR Works' rapidly growing outsourced benefits area is currently recruiting for a Supervisor, Benefits and Leave Administration Services to work in our Fairport, NY location. Ideally, candidate would be located in Rochester or Syracuse, NY area, but will consider a highly qualified candidate to work remotely.
The Supervisor, Leave and Benefits Administration is responsible for the supervision of a designated team of service providers including Assistant Coordinators, Coordinators and Administrators. This position involves providing oversight of the day-to-day operations of client benefits administration, including COBRA administration, and leave administration services. This is a “working supervisor” role, responsible for maintaining their own client base, with support from assigned Coordinator(s) and/or Assistant Coordinators, as needed, as well as being a resource for team members, providing back-up support, as needed, and addressing escalated client issues. Additionally, the Supervisor will partner with the Vice President, HR Total Solutions on development and delivery of new hire and on-going training needs.
- Leads a team of up to 10 direct service providers responsible for providing outsourced leave and benefits administration services to clients across the country.
- Facilitates daily team meetings to keep team members informed; assess and distribute workload; coordinate back-up coverage; and ensure services deliverables are met.
- Monitors work performance of direct reports, seeks and provides continuous feedback through regular one-on-one meetings and coaching. Maintains thorough documentation of performance discussions and partners with the VP, HR Total Solutions on performance concerns.
- Manages client process documentation, in partnership with OBLA management team, to ensure consistency across the department. Proactively seeks, recommends, and executes opportunities for continuous process-improvement.
- Manages a small client base and performs all responsibilities of the services delivered by team members, including by not limited to responding to benefits and leave-related inquiries regarding benefit coverage, claims issues, COBRA, FMLA, state family leave, disability; prepares and distributes new hire enrollment packages; invoice reconciliation; prepares and sends leave packages; communicates with employees regarding leave and return-to-work; facilitates annual open enrollment process, etc. Refer to the Leave and Benefits Administrator job description for additional details.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all service processes and deliverables to support team members and help address escalated client issues.
- Reviews and approves timecards for direct reports weekly.
- Approves PTO requests, ensuring adequate staffing and back-up coverage.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new hires.
- Consults with VP, HR Total Solutions on client utilization and makes recommendations for client assignments and workload distribution, as needed.
- Assist the VP, HR Total Solutions with department strategy and execution of new processes and related efficiencies.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree with commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of five years of benefits and/or leave administration experience.
- Prior HRIS experience.
- Working knowledge of benefit trends, industry regulations and compliance requirements.
- Prior supervisory experience, helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive experience with multiple HRIS systems: ADP (required); Paylocity, Ceridian, Ultipro, iSolved, and ability to learn new systems, as needed.
- Ability and desire to coach, encourage and mentor others.
- Effective problem-solver.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent customer service and follow through skills.
- Proficient computer and technology skills; ability to learn and use multiple systems and software.
- Microsoft Office, including intermediate to advanced skill in Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain calmness and composure while working under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
HR Works, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. HR Works, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.