Senior Technical Operations Manager
For the Record provides courts with digital court recording confidence, supports court reporters to deliver high quality transcripts faster and gives judges, attorneys, and parties fast, reliable access to court recordings and transcripts. At For The Record, we put quality service at the heart of everything we do, and our people are our priority.
Our global group of companies has served courts for almost 100 years. Today, we boast over 27,000 installations, across 62 countries. Our customers include Massachusetts Trial Courts, Irish Courts Services, United States Federal Court, International Criminal Court, New York State Courts, Federal Court of Australia, and High Court of Australia.
The Sr. Technical Operations Manager will be responsible for the implementation of audio-visual installations for FTR customers. To be successful in this role you will need to ensure all technical aspects of the installation meet the defined deliverables and are delivered to a professional standard. The Sr. Technical Operations Manager is a “hands-on” leader, who demonstrates a willingness to mentor, develop and support the team.
What’s in it for you?
You will be working with a passionate team of professionals in a fast-growing organization. Our benefits offering is top notch in the industry.
- Medical/dental/vision plans, 100% employer paid
- PTO starts at 18 years a month (increases with tenure)
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- 401k—50% matching up to 3% with immediate vesting
- Short/long term disability coverage
- Basic term life and personal accident insurance, 100% employer paid
- Flexible spending and health savings account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Corporate shopping discounts
The Sr. Technical Operations Manager will perform the following:
- Understand specifications and lead the Implementation Services team to ensure technology solutions are installed professionally and thoroughly tested
- Provide technical guidance to mid and junior level Technicians and oversee technical aspects of project delivery, ensuring resources are utilized effectively
- Actively liaise with the Senior Commissioning Engineer during the on-site commissioning process to assist with system configuration, programming, testing
- Prepare as-built documentation, including diagrams and inventories
- Hands-on with all aspects of the installations
- Responsible for monitoring and assessing potential hazardous or unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personal safety
- Collaboration across all business units and vendors
- Demonstration of willingness to support teams
- Flexibility to meet deadlines and deal with competing priorities
Essential Work Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience installing and configuring commercial audio-visual equipment and systems, including digital audio (Biamp/BSS), control (Crestron/AMX), video conferencing, video routing & image processing.
- Sound understanding of 'Installed Sound' environments and the role of equipment such as audio DSP’s.
- 5 years’ experience supervising, mentoring, and managing teams
- Experience planning and prioritizing workload for both yourself and your team, and demonstrating initiative and pro-active team management skills
- Experience working across remote teams (developers, product specialists, consultants, analyst's, end user stakeholders) to effectively deliver projects.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours for installs and cutovers
- Consistently able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Work sites will require the ability to navigate stairs, ladders, and confined spaces
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Desirable Work Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- High level of technical aptitude, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Direct responsibility for delivering audio visual projects, leading a technical team and interfacing with end users
- Legal Industry/Court Services or professional service experience
Role Challenges and Special Working Conditions
- Interstate travel may be required
For The Record provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, For The Record complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.