The success Manatts, Inc., enjoys today in the construction industry started more than 70 years ago. Back then, it was one man, one truck, and now our team of employees numbers more than 750 strong. We have dozens of ready-mix and asphalt production facilities around the state of Iowa. Our massive fleet of dump and ready-mix trucks serves thousands of job sites every year. In addition, our concrete and asphalt paving divisions, along with our various other crews, complete hundreds of projects every season.
Our Newton, Iowa facility is looking for a Project Manager/Estimator (PM). The role plans, directs, coordinates, scopes and estimates the completion of projects. The PM will participate in the conceptual development of a project and oversee its organization, scheduling, implementation so that a project can be completed on time and within budget.
Other duties include and not limited to:
Evaluating sites, creating proposals, tracking and participating with client interactions and maintaining the project database. Project Managers will team with sales and communicate with company management to supervise projects and maintain the integrity of the projects.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to assist in the preparation of time, cost, materials and labor estimates for all phases of project
- Manage project objectives, timelines, budgets, financials and ensure quality control plan is in place for all jobs and plan work accordingly
- Assess and control risk of work proposed and to complete
- Proactive communication with sales, scheduling, management, crews, subcontractors and customers per company expectations; providing onsite direction as needed. Responding to all inquiries on a timely basis.
- Identify, manage and control changes on assigned jobs, including developing change orders
- Maintain and enforce safe work environment, enforcing procedures, standards and rules and regulations.