PMX Industries is the leading supplier of high quality copper and copper alloys in North America and we are looking for:
As an individual contributor, this position will be responsible for development and implementation of goals and objectives of metal procurement with the corporate goals and objectives, which include;
- Expected to follow all safety rules and policies and work in a manner that protects themselves and other stakeholders from hazards and injuries.
- Create and administer the short and long term metals procurement strategy for the Company, including sourcing strategies within the secondary scrap markets.
- Ensure material availability through the coordination of sound logistical practice.
- Assess and manage risk and/or exposure to metal market fluctuations.
- Negotiate and execute fixed price metal agreements with our customers and our metal sources.
- Manage purchasing, inventory and disposal of all metal materials consistent with policies and identified goals utilizing metal market information.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system for vendor approval
- Control costs.
- Ensure that all daily, monthly and annual reports and forecasts are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide a high level of leadership.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and ensure adherence to company policies and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with related regulations and maintain relevant files and records.
- Provide and maintain a positive work environment.
- Coordinate with other organizations and departments as needed to create a team environment.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree Preferred; 5 years’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination and experience.
- Red Metal or Base metals procurement experience for a consumer preferred.
- Experience with hedging principles.
- Strong negotiation ability; sound communicator, organizational and analytical skills with the ability to plan work. Must be able to communicate for all business/job related transactions.
- Office environment
- Occasional time spent in the production facilities
- 401(k) plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screening.