LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Our history goes back to 1939 when W. E. Lehman and George B. Roberts bought the Mississippi and Memphis operations of Carey-Reed Company, a company started by Mr. Roberts’ brother-in-law in 1907. The new Lehman-Roberts Company located their first asphalt plant and office on Front Street in downtown Memphis. The headquarters moved to the 1111 Wilson street address in 1943 and remained there until its recent move to 670 S. Cooper in September 2019. In 1971, the company became affiliated with Memphis Stone and Gravel Company through common ownership.
Still a family-owned business, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing of quality hot mix asphalt and the superior placement of that pavement. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, Lehman-Roberts Company specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial parking lots to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
This is an Exempt position.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Bonus Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Service Awards
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Crusher Plant Foreman Summary
The Crusher Plant Foreman role is a key member of the Production & Manufacturing Division and is responsible for leading the daily task of production requirements in regards to safety, quality, productivity and maintenance. Plant functions will include managing and processing RAP material, ordering parts and supplies as needed and daily production reporting, communicating with managers and production/ maintenance teams to ensure successful daily operations and managing associated equipment and people. A strong background in plant operations with an emphasis on strong leadership and proactive maintenance/ repair skills are needed to be successful in this role. The Crusher Plant Foreman role requires organization, goal oriented, self-directed, with the ability to handle the supervision of several employees spread over a large site with minimal supervision or supplied information.
Crusher Plant Foreman Responsibilities
- Ensure that safe working conditions are being maintained at plant sites, and coordinate with onsite supervisor, manager, lead, etc. to promptly correct safety violations found during regular inspections.
- Ensure that daily safety meetings are being held.
- Coordination of daily/weekly production schedules with efficient placement of plant personnel to support production.
- Maintain proper material quality and inventory levels.
- Coordination between QC Department, Construction, and Customer Sales Departments.
- Ensure that plant maintenance/inspection schedules are being adhered to.
- Operate mobile equipment and plants on occasion.
- Assist in the annual planning of the winter maintenance process.
- Assist in on-going training.
- Participation and leadership within our companies’ Continuous Improvement and Safety Initiative Programs.
Crusher Plant Foreman Requirements
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification
- 2+ years of asphalt plant experience
- 3+ years of progressive leadership
- Hands on experience and knowledge of crushers, screens, conveyors, pumps, dozers, excavators and loaders
- Familiarity with OSHA and MSHA regulations
- Basic knowledge with Microsoft Office products – specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Travel between West TN and North MS
- Extended hours may be required to stay ahead of material needs
Highly Preferred Experience, Education and Qualifications
- 5+ years asphalt plant experience.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position.
- 5% Office environment
- 95% Field environment
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Work may entail visits to multiple sites in which incumbent could be exposed to loud noise, dust, and odor
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Leadership in asphalt plant operations
- Plant Foreman
- Must understand SAFETY and be committed:
- To the health and safety of all employees, subcontractors, customers, and the community;
- To promoting a comprehensive safety culture;
- To individual accountability for following our safety standards; and
- To actively support and participate in a zero accident environment.
- Must be committed to learning the meaning of the company CORE VALUES, as well as their application to the specific, daily duties of the job:
- Humility – freedom from arrogance with a genuine respect for others and their perspectives.
- Relationships – giving priority to people and teamwork over processes.
- Stewardship – taking personal responsibility for the proper care and sharing of company assets.
- Continuous Improvement – committed to being open-minded, growing and learning.
- Must learn the principles of TOTAL PROCESS RELIABILITY (TPR) and implement them into the daily work routine, in order to contribute to maximum equipment reliability, increased production and reduced maintenance costs.
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.