Manages entire Commercial construction projects, including safety, planning, directing, coordinating or budgeting activities relating to the construction. Responsible for meeting job requirements and controlling costs by coordinating and effectively utilizing all of the resources needed on each project.
- Responsible for training and career development of PE’s as assigned.
- Play key role in project pursuits in multiple delivery methods including Design-Bid-Build, CM at Risk or Design/Build. Includes takeoffs, subcontractor solicitation, receipt/review of bids, etc.
- Take a leadership role with obtaining all permits for the project.
- Create site SWPPP book and application for state and local SWPPP permits/NOI’s for the project. Maintain SWPPP records.
- Work together with Project Manager to write, submit, track, and negotiate all subcontracts, purchase orders, and rental agreements for the project.
- Take a leadership role in the project financials. I.e. update the forecast and submit the status report to the Project Manager for review.
- Take a leadership role in change order management. I.e. put together the Owner and Subcontractor change orders for the Project Manager to review.
- Take a leadership role in monthly pay applications. I.e. negotiate subcontractor schedule of values, review monthly % complete, and construct the monthly owner pay application for Project Manager to review.
- Take a leadership role in planning and leading Owner meetings.
- Take a leadership role in planning and assisting Superintendent for subcontractor pre-construction meetings and weekly subcontractor meetings.
- Take a leadership role in weekly or monthly owner reports. I.e. put the reports together and submit to the PM for review.
- Take a leadership role in jobsite conflict resolution. I.e. be the project contact for contract/scope issues between Owner, Contractor, and Subcontractors.
- Create, manage and track RFI’s from the field to the Architect/Engineer of record and distribute to all parties.
- Review all submittals from subcontractors and submission to A/E for approval for all scopes of work based on the plans and specifications.
- Take a leadership role in creating, updating, distributing the project schedule.
- Work together with PM and Superintendent to produce the Quality Control procedure and to track the execution.
- Further understanding and enforcement with regards to site safety documentation and coordination.
- Maintain and distribute project plans. Includes review and distribution for addendums, bulletins, etc.
- Maintain control of all project documentation. Maintain/update project records. This includes document log, submittal log, RFI log, change order log, etc.
- Coordinates and maintains special inspection documentation for the project.
- Further understand project plans and specifications and take lead role with answering field personnel questions.
- Further understand specifications to determine appropriate means and methods.
- Further understanding of appropriate building codes / regulations.
- Take the leadership role in the punch list procedure and closeout.
- Create and update the “lessons learned” document for the project.
- Take the leadership role with the project closeout including the creation of and distribution of project closeout materials: Operation and Maintenance manuals, as-builts, and warranties as specified.
Education/Experience: Four-year degree in engineering, building science or construction management and 3-5 years’ experience in the Commercial Contracting sector required.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: PMP preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Shows leadership, concise execution of plans, vision of project future, and effective communication of vision to subordinates, integrity, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Working knowledge of all applicable Caddell processes and procedures. Strong client relations skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Travel: 50% Travel Required. Must be able to travel nationally multiple times per month.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!