Southwestern Pennsylvania Multi-State Specialty Contractor seeks a Recruiter to research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the Roadside Operations division.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with company President and department managers, as well as the Human Resources Manager, to draft hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Completes job postings and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with the company President, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resources staff during the offer process.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in job fairs, school career fairs, and recruiting sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Excellent at sourcing candidates from a variety of mediums e.g., social media, job boards, vocational schools, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability and willingness to travel to recruit candidates.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- At least five (5) years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
- This is an on-site position located in Scottdale, PA, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, it will transition into a hybrid position once the successful candidate is acclimated to the company's operations.
- Must be available on evenings and weekends to recruit/interview candidates, as needed.
- Travel is required for job fairs and/or recruiting sessions, as needed.
It is the policy and practice of Penn Line Enterprises, Inc., and its subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, to ensure Equal Employment Opportunities for and utilization of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law, except as the job requires.