The Berg Group is seeking an Estimator to join our team in Phoenix, AZ! The Drywall/Steel Stud Metal Framing Estimator will create project specifications by accurately projecting the number of materials, equipment, and man-hours that must be utilized to complete a given project. This role will work closely with their team to create a competitive project budget that is presented to clients. The Estimator will ensure accurate communication of changes are priced and acknowledged.
The Drywall/Steel Stud Metal Framing Estimator will be joining the Berg Team that has been a respected leader in the commercial drywall industry for over 50 years. We are a growing company with offices in Chaska, MN, West Sacramento, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Bozeman, MT, and Naples, FL.
- Manage review of weekly bid list to ensure the team is bidding the right opportunities and our preferred clients are receiving priority on bid activity.
- Reviews project plans and specifications to get comfortable with the work and begin the development of an estimate (Price materials, labor, equipment, and other expenses to be included in the project budget for submittal).
- Reviews change orders, RFI’s, ASI’s, DCN’s, and scope changes.
- Accurate take-off of blueprints to include the scope necessary to be competitive and adhere to company guidelines.
- Review scope of work and instructions to bidders to ensure our proposals are complete and all risk is addressed before submitting the proposal.
- Adheres to the bid review process and makes necessary edits to bids as needed.
- Work with the SR. and Chief Estimators on bid margins and supports recommendation or request to adjust where applicable.
- Assist Project Managers with filling out Bid Submittals forms, as needed.
- Generate new clients.
- Participate in the prioritization of clients as a team.
- Continue the development of existing client base, strengthening long-term relationships and development of opportunities for optimum margin of sales through partnering and negotiated services.
- Maintain and develop relationships with subcontractors and vendors utilized by Berg.
- A high degree of financial acumen
- Proven ability to communicate openly and have important conversations with internal and external clients
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Basic presentation skills to represent information and updates in a group setting
- Ability to read and comprehend complex construction documents i.e. blueprints
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving mindset
- Technology savvy
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
- Technical Degree, Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a degree in Construction Management or similar
- 2-4 years of related experience in commercial construction
- Base knowledge of document editing software i.e. BlueBeam, Adobe Acrobat, Plan Grid, Plexxis
- Industry knowledge in Drywall, Steel Stud Metal Framing, Paint, EFIS, or other product/service that is core to Berg’s offerings
- Competitive Salary and Bonus Potential
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) employer match of up to 4%
- Profit-Sharing Plan
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D
- Company Sponsored Long-term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Parenting leave for new parents
- Summer Hours
- Workplace Flexibility