Per the project superintendent’s direction, manages field operations for an assigned area in order to meet contractual requirements and achieve a satisfactory, orderly level of production by crafts and subcontractors. Enforces all relevant safety and quality control policies and procedures in assigned area.
1. Works closely with project superintendent and project manager, as required, in formulating, discussing and finalizing the overall plan of operations, job layout, job schedule, etc.
2. Manages the day-to-day work of crafts and subcontractors in the field, delegating work through foreman and/or subcontractor representatives.
3. Maintains regular communications with engineering, quality control and safety to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and schedule.
4. Reviews plans and specifications of job, job budget and estimates with PM and project superintendent to ensure that quantities, values, manpower requirements and deliveries of various divisions of job are understood.
5. Continued involvement with the schedule development and periodic logic review, personal dedication to the generation of short term look ahead schedules and its implementation in the weekly subcontractor meetings conducted by the Superintendent.
6. Assists in preparation of plan at beginning of job for receiving, storing and handling materials as required.
7. Assists in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
8. Maintains best possible relationship with owner. Strives to develop spirit of cooperation and respect between Caddell and representatives of the other partners on the project.
9. Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED, and four years experience in the construction industry as foreman or assistant superintendent required. Four-year degree in engineering or construction management and four years experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Effective verbal communication skills. Effective subcontractor coordination skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills. Must have a thorough knowledge of construction methods, materials and equipment. Working knowledge of safety regulations and quality guidelines. Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to schedules. Proficient in interpreting construction drawings.
Travel: Extensive Travel Required. Must be able to travel nationally.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!