Assists in supervising craft employees assigned to a particular construction discipline work area, i.e. electrical, piping, erection of structural steel, rebar, duct work, etc.
1. Supervises craft workers assigned to area of responsibility, provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
2. Assists in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
3. Monitors work performance and productivity of crafts to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
4. Advises senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
5. Maintains liaison with other departments, i.e., Purchasing, engineering, etc. as required to support construction schedule.
6. Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Effective verbal communication skills. Effective subcontractor coordination skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills. Must have a thorough knowledge of construction methods, materials and equipment. Working knowledge of safety regulations and quality guidelines. Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to schedules. Proficient in interpreting construction drawings.
Travel: Extensive Travel Required. Must be able to travel nationally.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!