Manages entire Commercial construction projects, including safety, planning, directing, coordinating or budgeting activities relating to the construction. Responsible for meeting job requirements and controlling costs by coordinating and effectively utilizing all of the resources needed on each project.
- Assumes overall responsibility for safety, quality and productivity of subcontractors.
- Monitors the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project.
- Assesses scope of work and resources required to successfully complete the project.
- Verifies project estimate for completeness with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and all contract documents.
- Supervises total construction efforts to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with owner, A/E representatives, subcontractors, etc.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, procurement, etc.), and provides day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff.
- Provides technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Oversees and reviews extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Administers financial tracking systems to monitor project costs and forecast the remaining project cost.
- Prepares complete plan of execution.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Strives to foster good work relations with customers and subcontractors.
- Assists staff in review and compliance of company policies and procedures and job responsibilities.
- Has full responsibility and accountability for developing, implementing and executing an effective Safety and Health Program on the project.
Education/Experience: Four-year degree in engineering, building science or construction management and 3-5 years’ experience in the Commercial Contracting sector required. 2-3 years’ experience managing Light Industrial, Manufacturing and/or Distribution Center projects preferred. Project Management Training and PMP certification is a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: PMP preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Shows leadership, concise execution of plans, vision of project future, and effective communication of vision to subordinates, integrity, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Working knowledge of all applicable Caddell processes and procedures. Strong client relations skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Travel: 50% Travel Required. Must be able to travel nationally multiple times per month.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!