LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
Starting Pay: $22 hr.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Bonus Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Service Awards
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Crusher Plant Lead Responsibilities
- Ensure that safe working conditions are being maintained at plant sites, and coordinate with onsite supervisor, manager, lead, etc. to promptly correct safety violations found during regular inspections.
- Ensure that daily safety meetings are being held.
- Coordination of daily/weekly production schedules with efficient placement of plant personnel to support production.
- Maintain proper material quality and inventory levels.
- Coordination between QC Department, Construction, and Customer Sales Departments.
- Ensure that plant maintenance/inspection schedules are being adhered to.
- Operate mobile equipment and plants.
- Assist in the annual planning of the winter maintenance process.
- Assist in on-going training.
- Participation within our companies’ Continuous Improvement and Safety Initiative Programs.
Crusher Plant Lead Requirements
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification
- 1+ years of crusher experience
- 1+ years of progressive leadership
- Hands on experience and knowledge of crushers, screens, conveyors, pumps, dozers, excavators and loaders
- Familiarity with OSHA and MSHA regulations
- Basic knowledge with Microsoft Office products – specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Travel between West TN and North MS
- Extended hours may be required to stay ahead of material needs
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position.
- 5% Office environment
- 95% Field environment
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Work may entail visits to multiple sites in which incumbent could be exposed to loud noise, dust, and odor
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Lead in asphalt plant operations
- Crusher Operator
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.