LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
Starting Pay: $20 hr.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental (reduced premium cost with participation in Wellness Program)
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Front-End Loader Responsibilities
- Properly follow all OSHA regulations and company Safety Program requirements to ensure safe working procedures and a safe working environment.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to policies and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks and advise the supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required and ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Maintain inventory
- Perform regular maintenance on asphalt plant and field operations equipment, including climbing ladders and working at heights up to 75 feet as well as carrying objects up to 75 lbs. for approximately 20 feet.
- Must be capable of fast-paced feeding of aggregates into bins and pushing up materials.
- Follow instructions from foremen, leaders, managers, state DOT inspectors, auditors and officials.
- Follow directions of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific job site.
- Work collaboratively as a team with foreman, fellow crew members and management.
Front-End Loader Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must pass a "fit-for-duty" physical exam and full panel drug screen.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license required.
- Travel between plants in West TN and North MS- Byhalia, MS, Memphis, TN and Hernando, MS as needed
- Minimum of 2-Years of experience operating a front-end loader, preferred
- Must have working knowledge of basic equipment maintenance.
- Willingness and ability to work varied schedules day, night, and/or weekend that meet Lehman-Roberts Company’s customer needs.
- Willingness to work outdoors in extreme conditions, including hot, cold, high noise levels, and able to sit/ stand 8-12 hours in the extreme conditions.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Climb in and out, on and off equipment.
- Lift, carry and hold heavy materials, tools, and supplies on and off equipment.
- Climb ladders and work at heights up to 75 ft. on platforms with guard rails.
- Carrying objects up to 75 lbs. for approximately 20 feet.
- Repetitive shoveling/raking/sweeping material
- Travel between North MS and West TN
- Combination of sit, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Accurately and regularly complete site checks and monitor traffic behavior and/or flow to ensure that safety is always maintained.
- Be alert and aware of everything going on around the construction area, consistently following safe work practices.
- Be able to tolerate a loud environment.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Front-End Loader
- Army- Horizontal Construction Engineer
- Navy- Construction Equipment Operator
- Marine Corps Engineer- Equipment Operator
- Air Force- Pavements and Construction Equipment
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company and Memphis Stone & Gravel not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designee and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.