Product Photography and Retouching Intern - HYBRID REMOTE
Do you love telling stories through photography? Have a passion for bringing photos to life? ClearVision Optical is seeking a talented Product Photography Intern to join our Marketing team. This is a hybrid remote role that requires being onsite approximately two days per week. Ideal candidates will be dynamic creatives who enjoy using photography as a means to communicate brand stories. They should be detail oriented, organized, and conscientious.
The right individual will be versed at photography with a good eye for design and photo retouching, with full knowledge of Adobe design software, DSL cameras, lighting equipment and staging techniques. The right candidate will be interested and experienced in retouching and color correcting product images. This individual will have the ability to work within a graphic design team and cross-departmentally, effectively managing production requests for various projects.
- Serve as an in-house photographer for images to be used on our website, social media, and marketing materials. Use our onsite photo studio to shoot product photographs.
- Skillfully execute photo retouching including color correction, lighting, removing images from backgrounds, super-imposing product in an environment, removing markings, cloning or retouching portions of an image.
- Marry visual design with photography and text to create unique imagery for sales, social media, website, and email campaigns. Ability to create assets from scratch using brand materials.
- Understand print production requirements. Ensure accuracy of design files and prepare for pre-press.
- Review and correct proofs.
- Understand a marketing brief and be able to translate objectives into finished projects.
- Learn new tools and software to stay current; leverages individual learning, webinars, social media and external education to introduce technology to the Marketing team.
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and be familiar with file formats and optimizing graphics for the web.
- Solid knowledge of DSLR cameras, modern lighting equipment, infinity edge tables, printing processes, keen attention to detail and troubleshooting skills.
- Willing and able to shoot product, still life and macro photography with a good eye for composition and lighting.
- Event and portrait is a plus
- A strong interest in emerging digital technologies.
Intern Program Requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program and have a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Positions will require a commitment of:
- 20+ hours per week during the school semester
- 30+ hours per week during the summer session
- Must be responsible, organized, and goal-oriented
- Proficient at using Microsoft Word and Excel
- A proven ability to initiate and maintain strong personal relationships
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation to our office in Hauppauge, NY