Hunt Electric Corporation is a national design build electrical contracting firm grounded in the simple, powerful concept of performing efficient, quality work. We value trust, relationships, performance, reward, safety, and diversity. Our loyalty is to our clients, our communities and our employees in more than 40 states. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
We are continually seeking individuals who are passionate about the electrical design and construction industry who want to contribute to our company growth. If you are passionate, love what you do and hold yourself to a standard of excellence, we want to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, services, vendor terms, prices, and equipment. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers and delivery based on project site budgets and schedule requirements.
- Works to support preconstruction, project management, special services, warehouse and prefab operations.
- Obtains product information and research pricing to meet purchasing budgets and bids.
- Acts as a conduit to vendor resources and support as it relates to product application, availability and pricing.
- Adheres to purchasing and inventory policies, processes and procedures.
- Uses knowledge of material, work planning, engineering processes, and procedures to coordinate product deliveries.
- Negotiates best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements in conjunction with VP of Purchasing as it relates to specific projects.
- Performs data entry and transmits all new purchase orders to vendors.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests, and contacts vendors regarding discrepancies.
- Communicates proactively to address and solve issues as they arise.
- Performs administrative tasks to support subcontractor hires.
Education Requirements and Competencies
- High School Diploma/Equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in purchasing, inventory management, vendor relations, or related experience. College or Vocational Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical industry, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form.
- Ability to negotiate decisions in a timely manner while juggling many priorities.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and demonstrate a flexible and collaborative work style.
- Ability to analyze information and make strategic decisions based on department objectives.
- Demonstrated success in working with immediate team members and other departments to build effective relationships.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Employees are frequently required to sit, and occasionally required to kneel, reach, stoop, crouch or crawl.
- This position requires the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- This position may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.