Human Resources Generalist
Compensation: FLSA Status Exempt
Location: Redmond, Washington
Osborne is looking for a new HR Generalist. This position will be responsible for new hire onboarding and benefits management as well as researching areas to ensure that we follow federal, state, and local laws. We would like to explore ways to use our current software so that we have a streamlined, user-friendly experience. While our employee base is currently small, our goal is to develop processes that can scale without the need for more staff because we use technology to its full potential.
General Job Duties:
- Prepare and send new hire offer letters.
- Coordinate new hire paperwork.
- Enroll new hires in benefits; medical, dental, vision, life and 401(k).
- Coordinate onboarding with new employees and their managers.
- Review monthly bills for health insurance and verify enrollment.
- Work with insurance broker to coordinate health plan renewal and open enrollment.
- Make updates, as necessary, to employee handbook.
- Coordinate departure of terminated employees.
- Assist employees with health insurance claims by coordinating with broker.
- Verify 401(k) loan requests and rollovers within Voya.
- Participate in annual review of 401(k) plan.
- Coordinate employee status change forms with managers and payroll.
- Assist managers and employees with review process.
- Provide support and backup as necessary related to talent acquisition, college recruitment, and employee retention.
- Document and record workers compensation claims.
- Document and management of unemployment and leave of absence claims/processing.
- Addresses and resolves personnel concerns as appropriate.
Essential Skills and Experience
- AA Degree
- 3 – 5 years experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Osborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected category.
Osborne maintains a drug and alcohol-free work place. Drug tests are performed by Osborne for the following: pre-employment, post-accident, randomly, and for cause.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.