ReVision Energy is looking for a Zero Waste Coordinator to join our growing team. This position will be based out of our South Portland, ME location.
ReVision Energy was founded in 2003 by two solar geeks in a garage and has grown to over 300 employee-owners spread across our physical locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. Our offerings of products have grown to include solar panels, battery backup systems, electric vehicle infrastructure, heat pumps, and water heating equipment.
As a 100% employee-owned company and a Certified B Corp, ReVision Energy is on a mission to lead our community in solving the environmental problems caused by fossil fuels while alleviating economic and social injustice.
ReVision Energy is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission. Our recruitment team looks at the whole picture; personal, professional, and non-traditional experience, as well as community involvement.
The safety, health, and well-being of our co-owners and our communities is of primary importance. We have implemented additional measures to assure that those we work and share spaces with adhere to COVID and general safety best practices.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Zero Waste Coordinator for ReVision Energy will be responsible for leading the organization’s transition to producing zero emissions from its fleet, facilities, and operations. This new dynamic role will have the ability to find and implement proactive solutions for waste created by our daily activities within our various business units and physical locations. This position will involve all ReVision Energy branches, our management teams, installation crews, warehouse teams and will report directly to our Chief Operations Officer. The person selected for this position will be the point of contact for the company and will help hold the organization accountable for any role we play in contributing to climate change. The focus will be on the waste stream that results from operating a company with multiple facilities, hundreds of vehicles, and a continually growing team of co-owners throughout North New England. The expectation is to do this equitably and in a manner that is financially sustainable and beneficial to every co-owner of ReVision Energy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify industry best practices and establish baseline information regarding emissions and waste for all ReVision facilities.
- Develop sustainability project goals, objectives, and strategies in collaboration with other departments and external partners and track progress against goals.
- Propose and enact sustainability initiatives, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and acceptance.
- General education around internal recycling initiatives for co-owners, customers, investors, and the public.
- Provide support, guidance, and communications for sustainability programs or issues.
- Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability.
- Monitor changes in rules, policies, and legislation, and identify how they may influence the organization and existing operations.
- Consider, address, and include intersections between recycling and waste and environmental justice across programs and projects.
- Write grant applications, rebate applications, or project proposals to secure funding for sustainability projects and environmental initiatives.
- Work with Vendors to evaluate and encourage their sustainability efforts in transportation, packaging, and work practices and track their progress.
- Creating and implementing large project waste management plans which maximize recycling while minimizing waste.
- Coordinate Shipments and drop-offs of recyclable materials and waste.
- Develop and maintain budgets around sustainability efforts.
- Document and record waste and recycling quantities, as well as Co2 emissions, to track and compare ongoing efforts.
- Participates in triennial B Corp recertification.
- Engages in federal, state, and local policy and advocacy to advance sustainability in our communities.
- Promoting our recycling efforts to staff, customers, and the public and educating them about their ability to contribute to those efforts.
- Strong facilitation skills to engage ReVision Energy co-owners in developing plans and executing strategies.
- Ability to use Microsoft software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and email.
- Effective communication skills including written and public speaking.
- Must bring a positive attitude; thoughtful ideas for growth of company are encouraged.
- Strong desire to work for a renewable energy company.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all co-owners / co-workers.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing, tracking details, and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet goals.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of the UN-SDG and application to small business.
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget.
- Experience developing plans for strategic priorities and executing them.
- Must have a clean and valid driver’s record.
- Day travel to our locations in MA, NH and ME will be required with varying frequency
- Hybrid WFH / in office is an option.