Outbound Operations Manager: United Hardware in Milbank, SD is seeking a full-time Outbound Operations Manager for our distribution warehouse.
United Hardware's distribution warehouse provides products, retail programs and support services to hardware retailers such as Hardware Hank and Trustworthy across the Midwest, and is currently one of Milbank's largest employers!
The community of Milbank offers a low cost of living, a wonderful school system, and a thriving economy with plenty of job opportunities. Explore the many benefits that Milbank and United Hardware have to offer!
To learn more about United Hardware, visit us at www.unitedhardware.com
To further explore the community of Milbank, SD, please visit www.Milbanksd.com
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with managers, supervisors, team leads and warehouse employees to develop preferred methods for work performed. These will be used when training new employees, or when performing method audits for employees who are not meeting performance expectations.
- To assist in developing a procedural system that will continuously increase productivity per man hour.
- Perform method audits on an ongoing basis in both replenishment and order filling to monitor changes that can affect employee performance.
- Work with managers, supervisors, team leads and warehouse employees in the development and implementation of organized training programs. These programs should be designed to improve production per man hour in all functions of the Warehouse and ensure that these programs are administered consistently across all shifts.
- Assist with new hire training, evaluating their progress, and evaluation of continued employment
- Work with managers and supervisor in developing and maintaining a quality program that is tied to bonus payout. With the purpose of reducing errors in; receiving, storing, replenishing, stocking, order filling, loading and shipping while at the same time holding associates in these areas accountable for poor quality.
- Assist with communicating and interpreting Company policies and procedures clearly to all employees under direct supervision.
- Obtain and maintain skills, through hands on work experience in all warehouse positions. Be available to fill in for other supervisors as needed which may include working other shifts
- Accomplish warehouse human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, and coaching employees; communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies, procedures, and documentation requirements.
- Meet warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Move inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments;
- Deliver supplies and equipment to departments, ensures all supplies and equipment are readily available periodically checking inventory and suggesting purchases to warehouse manager or appropriate person in charge of purchasing.
- Maintain storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintain inventory by recommending storage solutions for products. Ensures product is kept in good saleable condition.
- Keep equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventative maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe, healthy and clean work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Secure warehouse by turning alarms on, testing systems, securing doors, etc. as needed
- Meet warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional & technical publications.
- Accomplish warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Establish and maintain positive working atmosphere with employees (at both the warehouse and corporate office), drivers, dealers, and vendors
- Plan daily work and work force requirements and assign employees to attain maximum effectiveness of the warehouse
- Review and analyze quality related data, identify problems, offer solutions, perform reporting activities and provide feedback to direct reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School or GED
- BS Degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration is a plus
- Knowledge of warehouse distribution (including hands on experience)
- Ability to work with and get along with people, including regular, temporary, supervisory, management employees, and non-employees. Ability to supervise and lead employees is a must.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to utilize reporting in order to analyze information
- Must have time management skills in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to execute safety management
- Positive attitude
- Must be dependable, well organized, able to communicate directions for work coordination in a timely manner, and willing to support management decisions and directives
- Must be able to maintain quality and production standards in assigned area
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to change with little or no notice, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS), EPICOR or Advantage Traffic Optimizer (ATO) is a plus
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- 401k with 40% Employer Match
- Employee Purchase Program
- Company Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays