SMSI provides expert management consulting, program and project management, and technical consulting services to government and private sector clients. A small business founded in 2008, SMSI has built an outstanding reputation for client-focused performance and for delivering results that enable clients to meet commitments and milestones.
OE/AA - M/F/Vet/Disability/Drug-Free Workplace
Sandia National Laboratory requires U.S. Citizenship and on-site personnel for this position
The Electrical and Instrumentation & Controls Engineer will design projects and may work with other Electrical and I&C Engineers and designers on project tasks. Work involves a variety of activities including conceptual , detailed design of electronic equipment and systems, and performing Lab View development and program testing . Perform non-routine assignments with little guidance.
- Planning and executing new control systems and software development in Lab View
- Frequent testing, modifying, and sustaining of existing and new systems
- Conducting data analysis and present findings
- Communicate and support design specialists, process engineers, operation managers and suppliers
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders on costs, equipment, and concerns
- Inspect control systems, assess technical risks and implement health and safety regulations
- Solve problems involving signal errors, operations and automation
- Apply knowledge of relevant network services and/or interfaces with LabView
- Create computerized models and stimulations during the design phase and follow thru testing , operational startup, including setpoints and all interfaces
- Being primary interface with clients, project management, procurement professionals, and other engineering disciplines in matters dealing with project electrical and I&C systems.
- Developing electrical and instrumentation and controls basis of design and scope of work documents.
- Developing specifications for I&C equipment including DCS, PLCs, and instrument datasheets
- Ensuring technical accuracy and conformance to project design criteria of engineered work products.
- Ensuring appropriate procedures, design guidelines, and design tools are utilized on projects.
- Proficient knowledge of Lab View programming, testing and implementation
- Capable with Instrumentation selection and datasheet preparation
- Proficient at Control System Design including Lab View (PLC, DCS)
- Client projects for this position requires US Citizenship.
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Controls Engineering or other degree from an ABET accredited university.
- Working toward obtaining PE.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All candidates must posses:
- US Citizenship
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Capability with MS Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with clients, contractors, and consultants on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Other Benefits