The incumbent reports directly to the People & Culture Manager, and assists the People & Culture Department with a wide variety of clerical, administrative, and project-based tasks.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general clerical duties, such as copying, gathering, organizing, and filing paperwork.
- Assumes an active role in major departmental projects and related company initiatives.
- Updates various databases with confidential information to facilitate accurate records and reporting.
- Compiles benefit packets for distribution to new hires in all Company locations.
- Creates and maintains compliant and complete personnel files.
- Audits internal documentation and files for compliance with Company policy and applicable law.
- Participates in the creation and improvement of Company policies and procedures.
- Assists the department with the escalation and resolution of employee inquiries.
- Processes employee change requests and additional related paperwork.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings and other Company events.
- Oversees all payroll processes, performs frequent payroll internal audits to ensure reporting accuracy, and disburses paychecks and direct deposits.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Code of Conduct & Ethics in all situations
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (we CARE, we ACT WITH INTEGRITY, we are INNOVATIVE, and we are ACCOUNTABLE).
- This position operates primarily in an office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and printers.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk, hear, perform repetitive motion, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary position, which means possible exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- No travel is required for this position.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Resources or 2+ years equivalent experience working with HR, Payroll, Office Management.
- Intermediate level computer proficiency (Microsoft Office/Google products).
- Ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with diverse audiences.
- Capable of prioritizing workload and handling numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion.
- Working knowledge of benefits-related trends, practices, concepts, and laws.
- Comprehensive familiarity with standard payroll software and processes.
- Bilingual communication abilities (English/Spanish).